4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 5:33 AM by 960332 RSS

creating a document in WCC

Hi to all

I'm fresh in WCC so I don't know how /is there a way / to create a new document /like MS word/ in WCC?

I'm looking for solution to create a new document over some kind of form , where user can input some values and according to some templates the document will be stored in particular folder

any king of info will be great

thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: creating a document in WCC
          Jiri.Machotka-Oracle
          The general answer is: no - WCC is a management system, it does not create (or even modify) documents.

There are few exceptions. The one that might be worth mentioning is creation of HTML/XML documents directly from a web form. Everything additional to that would have to provided as a customization.
          • 2. Re: creating a document in WCC
            Hi jiri

thanks for quick answer. Just to be sure ...
            So if I want to have that possibilities / to create a new document/ I need to create a new server page and in it add that functionality ? OR I can have something similar if I create a Template ?
            • 3. Re: creating a document in WCC
              Jiri.Machotka-Oracle
              So if I want to have that possibilities / to create a new document/ I need to create a new server page and in it add that functionality ? OR I can have something similar if I create a Template ?
              Well, it really depends on what you want to achieve. I can imagine to have a set of custom services, a service per templates, but also one service which offers available templates. Either way, you should be able to add your service(s) to the menu, provide a GUI page if you want to, etc. The thing is that for creation of a document out of the template you will most likely need to call a 3rd party application (like MS Word) via its API, and then check-in the created document back to WCC.
              • 4. Re: creating a document in WCC
                thanks a lot