This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 4:51 AM by yvanstrasbourg RSS

APEX 4.Loosing translatable text when exporting/importing to new workspace

yvanstrasbourg Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi everyone,

I am developing a bilingual application (base English translated to french) and I noticed something weird when exporting/importing to another workspace.

First, my application is flagged as requiring synchronization after an import. Yes, I did check that it was not flagged right before the export. I did choose Export Translations.

Secondly, when I look at the translated application in the new workspace, my Region Names are not translated anymore (in english instead of french). When I cmpare the 2 Translation Repositories (using the Manually Edit Translation Repository) I lost all Region Names entries (Column Description = Region name).

Thirdly, when again comparing the 2 Translation Repositories, I have the same number of Strings and Distinct Strings by if I group by Column Descriptions the sub-totals differ and I don't even have the same distinct Column Descriptions.

My test was done with my development workspace and a test workspace (where I deleted all application prior to my test) in the same instance.

Anybody had these problems?

Thanks all

I am using 4.1.1.00.23 on the Oracle Database 11g Express Edition.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points