This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
What steps have you followed to do the export/import? I believe it is not officially supported to do export/import for repository upgrade using 2-System Method. However, I was able to do the upgrade from 10.2.0.5 to 184.108.40.206.0 by following note this note "Grid Control Repository: Steps for Cross Platform Migration of the 10g Grid Control Repository [ID 388090.1]". See note "11g Grid Control: Steps for Migrating the 11g Grid Control Repository from One Database to Another [ID 1302281.1]" for 11g steps. There are post-installation steps to re-enable the queues.
I recommend to open an SR for help with repository cross-platform migration for upgrade 12c upgrade.
Thanks Nelson for sharing details from your upgrade experience.
Hi Bill, i agree with Nelson you should open a SR with oracle support and they will guide you through the EM upgrade process. To share few resources with you:
EM 12.1 Install and Upgrade guide available:
Installation and Upgrade collateral page(PPT,Recorded demo,Whitepapers) on OTN:
Before you start the EM upgrade make sure that the DB migration on a diff OS is done correctly and DB is working fine.
Thank you both for your replies. Nelson, I am not aware of the two notes you referenced and will take a look at them. I did open an SR with Oracle and was told that cross-platform migration between the version of Solaris SPARC and Red Hat Eneterpirse Linux is not supported and that I would thus have to do it using datapump export/import. I will check out the two notes you suggested. Hopefully the procedure I followed will not cause further problems as I continue.
I did figure out that the problem resulted from enqueue status of several jobs in the 11g database was set to yes but that status was not carried over when I restored the database on my new repository server. Once I did this -
exec dbms_aqadm.start_queue(queue_name => 'SYSMAN.<queue>');
for each of the the installation proceeded so it turns out that was the immediate problem. I also had to change some init parameters in the restored database. It would have been much cleaner if I could have used RMAN.The installation is now proceeding and I will continue on until the next hurdle is reached.
Again, thank you for the updates.