This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 6:43 AM by Bryan Burr RSS

Documaker Server - System requirements

943344 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I would like to know the hardware requirements to install Documaker Server. I checked the Documaker Installation guide but it just says Documaker Desktop requirements (Windows, 2GB RAM, 150 GB HDD, Intel Core 2 2.13GHz). Is it the same for Production also? We are implementing Documaker in Production for the first time. So, any help regarding the set up would be helpful.

Thank you,
Phew
  • 1. Re: Documaker Server - System requirements
    NirmalGarga Explorer
    Hi there,

I believe you are referring to Documaker Studio 12.x Standard edition installation. As per the Install guide in Oracle's link, Documaker Studio or Documaker Desktop has the same System requirements.

But for a Production setup, you may have to be cautious with the Windows OS version (please refer through the Install guide with Windows Server edition OS requirments - Minimum Sandbox platform). Decision on the RAM and Hard disk capacity will have to be made specific to the proposed MAX load that your application might get in production. I would reccommend you to go for a much better configuration for a Production box (similar to Minimum Sandbox platform) like:

Windows Server edition OS,
    4GB or 8GB RAM Memory, and
    Much robust Server Processor rather than an Intel Core.

In addition to that:
    Be sure to have the latest service packs installed.
    Windows Server edition OS are available both 32 and 64-bit versions. I have never faced any issues with 12.x on 32 bit OS versions so far.

The configuration cited by you would be more appropriate for a development environment. Kindly let me know if you need more information.

Regards.
  • 2. Re: Documaker Server - System requirements
    943344 Newbie
    Thanks a lot Nirmal.

We are looking at a number between 300-400 requests a day when we say about the maximum load. The hardware specifications i had mentioned was the one I found about Documaker Desktop requirements in the Install Guide.

Thanks,
    Phew
  • 3. Re: Documaker Server - System requirements
    NirmalGarga Explorer
    Hi Phew,

It is then better to go with "Minimum Sandbox platform"-like setup for the Documaker Server install in Production.

Regards.
  • 4. Re: Documaker Server - System requirements
    943344 Newbie
    Thanks a lot Nirmal.

Phew
  • 5. Re: Documaker Server - System requirements
    Bryan Burr Newbie
    Hi,
    To accurately size you system you need to identify the basic workflow (Interactive, On Demand, Batch, etc.) you are implementing along with what versions of which Documaker products you are using as well as your volumes (which you stated), operating window for those volumes (e.g. 2 hour batch window or 8 hrs/day), size of the documents (2 pages, 40 pages, etc), type of document (bills, manuals, EOBs, etc.), and complexity (lots of graphs, charts, graphics, just text, number of fields).
    Those various criteria will help you size the system for your desired OS, hardware, and infastructure....or help the forum members give you some pointers.
    -DA

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points