This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 6:51 AM by Tony Garabedian RSS

Problem in configuring Oracle Streams

976188 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hi all!

I'm trying to replicate 2 databases using oracle streams using 11gr2 for the first time. So far I was only able to reach "Destination options" when an error appeared saying "There is a problem with the given connection information. It could be due to invalid target name selected and / or invalid Streams Administrator credentials."

A streams administrator has already been created for this but it still gives me the same error. Am I missing something out here? I have a screenshot of my progress if it helps.

[screenshot of the error|https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/255129_10151258178243498_2065637631_n.jpg]
  • 1. Re: Problem in configuring Oracle Streams
    Tony Garabedian Pro
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hello,

try the below steps to troubleshoot.

- make sure you have configures tnsnames.ora file to reach the destination database.
    - use tnsping to make sure you are able to reach the destination database from the source database.
    - make sure the Stream Admin user is able to connect to the destination database.
    - check the information you are entering to the em wizard (hostname, sid, port number, etc...)

Regards,
    Tony

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points