3 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2013 5:09 PM by Gpotti

All Crystall Report Fails

alunwawa
      Dear All,

kindly have your help.

Fresh installation on virtualbox RAM 4GB, HCM 9.1, Tools 8.52.11, win server 2008 R2.

SQR and BI Publisher is working but when I tried to run Crystal reports, the following are always the errors for all cyrstal reports.
      I was using C:\PT852 for my PS_HOME and C:\HC91 for my PS_APP_HOME and C:\APPSERV_CONFIG for my PS_CFG_HOME.
      So the entry of E:\ drive on the log file really puzzled me since mine are all on C:\ drive

on log file:
      5992: 1354030987: PSPAL::Abort: Unrecoverable exception received
      5992: 1354030987: PSPAL::Abort: Location: E:\pt852-903-R1-retail\peopletools\src\pspal\exception_winunhandled.cpp:592:
      PSPAL::UnhandledExceptionFilter::UnrecoverableExceptionFilter
      5992: 1354030987: PSPAL::Abort: Abort diagnostics generation is currently disabled
      5992: 1354030987: PSPAL::Abort: Terminating process now.
      Crystal Runtime initialization failed

on pssqltrace.trc
      PeopleTools 8.52.11 Client Trace - 2012-11-27

PID-Line Time Elapsed Trace Data...
      -------- -------- ---------- -------------------->
      1-1 22.42.06 Tuxedo session opened {oprid='PS', appname='TwoTier', addr='//TwoTier:7000', open at 037797E0, pid=5992}
      1-2 22.42.06 0.003000 Cache Directory being used: C:\APPSRV_CONFIG\appserv\prcs\HCDMO\CACHE\HCDMO\1\
      1-3 22.43.07 61.385000 Process aborted.

Message Log:
      Crystal Runtime initialization failed
      Successfully posted generated files to the report repository

PARAMETERS:Command Line:
      C:\PT852\BIN\CLIENT\WINX86\PSCRRUN.EXE -CTORACLE -CDHCDMO -COPS -CPOPRPSWD -I1009 -RP"PER705--" -OT6 -OP"C:\APPSRV_CONFIG\appserv\prcs\HCDMO\log_output\CRW_PER705--_1009" -LGENG -OF2 -ORIENTL
      Working Dir:
      C:\ORACLE\PRODUCT\11.2.0\CLIENT_1\BIN

on my psprcs config file:
      Update Table Stats on Purge=1
      CBLBIN=%PS_APP_HOME%\CBLBIN%PS_COBOLTYPE%;%PS_HOME%\CBLBIN%PS_COBOLTYPE%
      CRWRPTPATH=%PS_APP_HOME%\CRW\ENG;%PS_HOME%\CRW\ENG
      TEMP=%TEMP%
      TOOLBIN=%PS_HOME%\BIN\CLIENT\WINX86
      TOOLBINSRV=%PS_HOME%\BIN\SERVER\WINX86
      WINWORD=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
      DEFAULTPRINTER=
      Log Directory=C:\APPSRV_CONFIG\TEMP

[Crystal]
      ;=========================================================================
      ; Trace settings for Crystal
      ;=========================================================================
      CrystalEXEPath=C:\PT852\bin\client\winx86
      Trace=YES
      TraceFile=%TEMP%\CRYSTAL.TRC

since this is a fresh install, is there any steps I missed out to enable running the crystal reports?

Thank you for all the help.

Regards,
      aLuNa
        • 1. Re: All Crystall Report Fails
          Michel
          Crystal Reports isn't being delivered with PeopleSoft anymore starting 8.51 and onwards. You'll have to install Crystal reports separately and have a license for it. The CrystalEXEpath should be pointing to the Crystal executables, which are not in the PS_HOME directory by default.
          • 2. Re: All Crystall Report Fails
            Hi Aluna,

I am facing the same issue.
            please let me know the resolution for this issue.
            • 3. Re: All Crystall Report Fails
              Gpotti
              Hello,

You need to install Crystal run time software and give the path to the software in the process scheduler configuration. In the quick configuration menu, it is the option number 18.

Documentation from tools install doc.

Crystal Path - If you are using SAP Crystal Reports, enter the path to the Crystal executables (for example, C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise12.0\win32_x86)

Hope that helps,

thanks