This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 5:09 AM by user301176 RSS

ora-12710 to connect from primary (failedover one) to standby(original prim

user301176 Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
We have: 2-node RAC Primary, 2 node RAC standby. This is our QA environment.

The OS had issue, one of primary crashed and db failed over to 2-node RAC standby.

And dgmgrl show configuration shows:
DGMGRL> show configuration

Configuration - qa_dg

Protection Mode: MaxPerformance
Databases:
sqa - Primary database
Error: ORA-16825: multiple errors or warnings, including fast-start failover-related errors or warnings, detected for the database

qa - (*) Physical standby database (disabled)
ORA-16661: the standby database needs to be reinstated

Fast-Start Failover: ENABLED

Configuration Status:
ERROR

So I went ahead run: reinstate database 'qa'

This reinstate failed , and drqa.log shows: ora-12710 connecting to qa db.

So I tested on now-primary hosts to see if sqlplus sys@qa1(2) as sysdba works. Both failed with ORA-12710.

sqlnet.ora has inbound timeout set to 120. THis whole environment worked before.

Then I found out the service_names created not running on now-standby hosts:
srvctl status service -d qa
Service qa_ro_jdbc_service is not running.
Service qa_ro_oci_service is not running.
Service qa_rw_jdbc_service is not running.
Service qa_rw_oci_service is not running.

start service -d qa
CRS-2800: Cannot start resource 'ora.qa.db' as it is already in the INTERMEDIATE state on server 'oracle03'
CRS-2632: There are no more servers to try to place resource 'ora.qa.qa_rw_oci_service.svc' on that would satisfy its placement policy
CRS-2800: Cannot start resource 'ora.qa.db' as it is already in the INTERMEDIATE state on server 'oracle02'
CRS-2800: Cannot start resource 'ora.qa.db' as it is already in the INTERMEDIATE state on server 'oracle03'
CRS-2632: There are no more servers to try to place resource 'ora.qa.qa_ro_oci_service.svc' on that would satisfy its placement policy
CRS-2800: Cannot start resource 'ora.qa.db' as it is already in the INTERMEDIATE state on server 'oracle02'
CRS-2632: There are no more servers to try to place resource 'ora.qa.qa_rw_jdbc_service.svc' on that would satisfy its placement policy
CRS-2632: There are no more servers to try to place resource 'ora.qa.qa_ro_jdbc_service.svc' on that would satisfy its placement policy

How do I get this problem fixed?

Thanks in advance.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points