This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 4:29 AM by 925715 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: From where i can get ADFUtils??? and what is queryCategoryFindAllIterator??
    925715 Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi Timo,

When selecting value in lov1 its refreshing values in lov2. this functionality is working fine.

But when we load the page for the first time lov1 and lov2 displays all values in the VO ( lov2 has 125 values ). Later when we select any value in lov1 then lov2 get refreshed accordingly (for suppose now depending on some value in lov1, lov2's number of values got reduced to 5 )and click on find button then the page flow navigates to next page(second page) and
    then click on back button in second page will navigate to the first page(where i have 2 lovs and one find button).
    Here the exact issue is: lov2 shows the latest values (5 values instead of 125 values )which we got after selecting the value in lov1 earlier.
    But i need the lov2 should show all 125 values because we are coming back to the page again but this is not displaying all values its just displaying the latest 5 values.

How can i make the lov2 to show all values (for ex: 125 values) every time i com back to the page(as i can see all 125 values when i load the page for the first time)????
    Please help me to get out of this.
    thanks for your support.

Thanks.
  • 16. Re: From where i can get ADFUtils??? and what is queryCategoryFindAllIterator??
    Timo Hahn Oracle ACE
    Does the first lov have a blank item?

When you first load the page the selected item for the lov1 is null or empty or 'blank item'. The dependent lov now shows all values as there is no filter set from lov1. Now you select a value in lov1 which will cause lov2 to filter its values.
    Your task is to make sure that the selected value for lov1 is empty when you navigate to the page. This should clear the filter value and you should see all valued for lov2 again (you may need to ppr lov2 by hand if you set the selected item for lov1 to null in bean method).

Can you post the code of the page (the two lovs)?

Timo
  • 17. Re: From where i can get ADFUtils??? and what is queryCategoryFindAllIterator??
    925715 Explorer
    Hi Timo,

both lovs dont have any blank items.
    and initially my requirement is to show all values in both the lovs so i am not filtering values in lov2 when i load the page. ( i didnt kept any filter condition for lov2 when we load the page)
    After page loads, when we change any value in lov1 then valueChangeListener method will fire in that method im taking the current value from lov1 and filtering values in lov2.
    And this all is working fine but the problem is when i navigate back to this current page lov2 is not showing all the values as it was showing when i loaded the page for the first time.
    I hope u got my requirement.....

What should i do now?
  • 18. Re: From where i can get ADFUtils??? and what is queryCategoryFindAllIterator??
    bigchill Newbie
    An option would be; If the LOVs in page 1 is biult with a VO, can you try reexecuting the query when the back button is depressed. this will render the lov as how it was initially.
  • 19. Re: From where i can get ADFUtils??? and what is queryCategoryFindAllIterator??
    bigchill Newbie
    like this.
    BindingContext bctx = BindingContext.getCurrent();
    BindingContainer bindings = bctx.getCurrentBindingsEntry();
    JUCtrlListBinding lov = (JUCtrlListBinding)bindings.get("CustomStartDate");//assume you have startdate LOV on page1
    lov.executeQuery();
  • 20. Re: From where i can get ADFUtils??? and what is queryCategoryFindAllIterator??
    bigchill Newbie
    or else you could try doing the refresh from the view layer.like this.

public static void refreshUI(){
    // this bit of code refreshs the ui
    FacesContext context = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
    String viewId = context.getViewRoot().getViewId();
    ViewHandler handler = context.getApplication().getViewHandler();
    UIViewRoot root = handler.createView(context, viewId);
    root.setViewId(viewId);
    context.setViewRoot(root);
    }
  • 21. Re: From where i can get ADFUtils??? and what is queryCategoryFindAllIterator??
    925715 Explorer
    Hi,

i have used all the options u suggested but didnt work.
    After clciking on back button the lovs are showing latest values not the initial values.

And in the code u mentioned:
    BindingContext bctx = BindingContext.getCurrent();
    BindingContainer bindings = bctx.getCurrentBindingsEntry();
    JUCtrlListBinding lov = (JUCtrlListBinding)bindings.get("CustomStartDate");//assume you have startdate LOV on page1
    lov.executeQuery();

what is "CustomStartDate"??? lov iterator or lov's id?
    i tried by outting loviterator (iterator of VO for LOV) but didnt work.

i re-executed the queries.
    And also used refresh method refreshUI(){...} and called in public void initMethod(PhaseEvent phaseEvent) {       ... this.refreshUI();... } but didnt work.

what else i can do?
    plz help me its urgent.

Thanks...........
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points