This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 6:09 AM by 976680 RSS

Special Characters in DB

976680 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We use PLM application for our organization, which in turn us Oracle 10GR2 as DB to store all metadata. To upload any changes to our Business data model here si the process we follow, we run a custom tool from vendor which will

1.     Extract the current data model information from DB in form of an xml file along with Language setting
2.     The script will also read our latest change/patch from vendor which is again inform of xml file
3.     It will also update the xml from DB and the new one and create a new xml file and upload to DB

Now from past few day’s our upload process is failing with error, here is secotion of our Install log

The server from where i am uploading is SOlaris, and our DB is running on Linux server, i checked both locale and they are set to UTF8

oracle@ie10ux012 ~]$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

=====================================================================
Creating the Localization Consolidated Model File...
Loading the Backup File...
Loading Localization File D:\SPLM_R~1\tcdata\model\lang\model_backup_lang.xml...

Creating the Localization Consolidated Model File...
Loading the Backup File...
Loading Localization File D:\SPLM_R~1\tcdata\model\lang\model_backup_lang.xml...
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1a) was found in the element content of the document.
     at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
     at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
     at com.teamcenter.bmide.base.core.loader.XMLContentParser.parseWithValiation(Unknown Source)
     at com.teamcenter.bmide.base.core.loader.XMLContentParser.parse(Unknown Source)
     at com.teamcenter.bmide.base.core.loader.XMLContentParser.parse(Unknown Source)
     at com.teamcenter.bmide.foundation.core.internal.localization.util.LocalizationCoreUtil.parseLocalizationFile(Unknown Source)
     at com.teamcenter.bmide.foundation.core.internal.localization.util.LocalizationCoreUtil.parseLocalizationFiles(Unknown Source)
     at com.teamcenter.bmide.foundation.core.internal.localization.util.LocalizationCoreUtil.parseLocalizationFiles(Unknown Source)
     at com.teamcenter.bmide.foundation.core.loader.BusinessDataContentParser.parse(Unknown Source)
     at com.teamcenter.bmide.foundation.core.util.ServerCoreUtil.buildModels(Unknown Source)
     at com.teamcenter.bmide.foundation.core.util.ServerCoreUtil.buildModels(Unknown Source)
     at com.teamcenter.bmide.foundation.core.consolidator.ProcessTemplates.generateDelta(Unknown Source)
     at com.teamcenter.bmide.foundation.core.consolidator.ProcessTemplates.bmideDbSetup(Unknown Source)
     at com.teamcenter.bmide.foundation.core.internal.install.PreTemplateInstall.processTemplates(Unknown Source)
     at com.teamcenter.bmide.foundation.core.internal.install.PreTemplateInstall.executePreTemplateInstall(Unknown Source)
     at com.teamcenter.bmide.foundation.core.internal.install.PreTemplateInstallMain.main(Unknown Source)
***ERROR : Data Model Errors in file D:\SPLM_R~1\tcdata\model\model_backup.xml.
Error! Parsing Error: D:\SPLM_R~1\tcdata\model\lang\model_backup_lang.xml Line:18 Column:73 An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1a) was found in the element content of the document.
Please check the errors.
Aborting...
=====================================================================

here is NLS lang setting from our server is American.America.UTF8

We checked all our LANG setting parameter and everything looks fine, when we check the extracted XML from DB here si how those failed lines look

<key id="BusinessObject{::}MELine Master" locale="ko_KR" status="Approved">MELine
<key id="BusinessObject{::}MELine Master" locale="ko_KR" status="Approved">MELine </key>
          <key id="BusinessObject{::}MELine Master" locale="pl_PL" status="Approved">Gwny formularz MELine</key>
          <key id="BusinessObject{::}MELine Master" locale="ru_RU" status="Approved"> MELine</key>
          <key id="BusinessObject{::}MELine Master" locale="zh_CN" status="Approved">MELine </key>
          <key id="BusinessObject{::}MELine Master" locale="zh_TW" status="Approved">MELine </key>
          <key id="BusinessObject{::}MELine Master" locale="de_DE" status="Approved">MELine-Master</key>

Funny thing is ">MELine </key>" notice those two spaces, when i copy and pate same line/lines in MS word/text pad it will show as -->--->, even i copy it from this screen on to my text editor you can see thos crazy characters

I am newbie to thsi forum hence not sure how i can attach screen shots.

Can please give me any idea on this issue

Thank you
Raghu

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points