This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 12:36 PM by Gary Graham RSS

Any way to disable the start page?

IvanG Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Admittedly it's a little thing, but at this point I've manually closed that thing at least 500 times. A saner approach would be to either put in a preference or do something like Visual Studio does where the start page goes away once you open anything else.
  • 1. Re: Any way to disable the start page?
    rp0428 Guru
    >
    Admittedly it's a little thing, but at this point I've manually closed that thing at least 500 times. A saner approach would be to either put in a preference or do something like Visual Studio does where the start page goes away once you open anything else.
    >
    Start page? What start page? I don't get a start page.

What version are you using? Is there a checkbox on the page for selecting 'open at startup'?
  • 2. Re: Any way to disable the start page?
    Jeff Smith SQLDev PM ACE Moderator
    Help > Start Page

You can disable the splash screen and tips of the day, but not currently the Start Page.
  • 3. Re: Any way to disable the start page?
    Gary Graham Expert
    Hi Ivan,

Do you have write access to the directories containing the SQL Developer user settings?

Normally if you close the Start Page, it will stay closed until opened again by the Help > Start Page feature mentioned by Jeff. The action of closing or opening it updates windowinglayout.xml. On my Windows 7 install for SQL Developer 3.2.20.09.87, this is located in directory:

C:\Users\<myuserid>\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer\system3.2.20.09.87\o.ide.11.1.1.4.37.59.48

Look for the section of xml containing "startpage"

Regards,
    Gary
    SQL Developer Team

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points