This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2012 2:21 PM by vladodias RSS

Deploy Composites using WLST with property file

976844 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

Can anyone tell how to to deploy the composites using WLST.

I found the below command but I just wanted to include all the location,configplan. partion in the propery file.

sca_deployComposite(serverURL, sarLocation, [overwrite], [user], [password], [forceDefault], [configplan], [partition])

--Thanks in advance                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  • 1. Re: Deploy Composites using WLST with property file
    vladodias Guru
    Hi,

Wlst is python/jython... There's an article on how to read a properties file in jython here...
    http://java-brew.blogspot.com.au/2011/01/reading-properties-file-in-wlst-jython.html

Cheers,
    Vlad
  • 2. Re: Deploy Composites using WLST with property file
    976844 Newbie
    Thanks Vlad, Even I tried with the same thing. But, sca_deployComposite is not taking the arguments.

--Thanks                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • 3. Re: Deploy Composites using WLST with property file
    vladodias Guru
    973841 wrote:
    Thanks Vlad, Even I tried with the same thing. But, sca_deployComposite is not taking the arguments.
    I don't think the problem would be in sca_deployComposite... Are you able to log the arguments you actually passing, so you can confirm you're passing the right values?
  • 4. Re: Deploy Composites using WLST with property file
    976844 Newbie
    I am doing the following

Created a test.cmd file which includes the below commands

call C:\oracle\SOA\common\bin.wlst.cmd
    connect('weblogic','password','t3://localhost:7001')
    sca_deployComposite("http://localhost:7003", "C:\SAR\%1.jar", user="weblogic", forceDefault=false, configplan="C:\plans\%2.xml", partition="%3")

Then I am trying to run the test.cmd file as

test.cmd sarname planame partion

But it is not working

Thanks

Edited by: 973841 on Nov 30, 2012 12:09 PM
  • 5. Re: Deploy Composites using WLST with property file
    vladodias Guru
    973841 wrote:
    I am doing the following
    Created a test.cmd file which includes the below commands
    I don't think it's a good idea to mix windows shell commands with jython commands into the same file...

I recommend you have a look into the following document... Running WLST from Ant is probably the most suitable way for your case...
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/web.1111/e13715/using_wlst.htm

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
    Vlad

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points