1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 4:08 AM by 976898 RSS

Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.112.3.0

Hi,

I am using windows 7 64 bit Enterprise Edition, Visual Studio 2010 Premium, and my app is built using .net framework 4.0. I downloaded and install ODP.NET 11.2.0.32 but when I add reference Oracle.DataAccess to my app, its giving me the following error, *"Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.112.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."*

I have checked other threads on this same topic, but I found that I have proper version (64bit) of ODP.NET as per my OS, Visual Studio & .net framework.

Am I missing something, please help.
        • 1. Re: Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.112.3.0
          Hi,

I manage to resolve the error, the error is though due to a different reason,
          I was trying to add ODP.Net 64bit reference directly to a Web Site project in Visual Studio 2010, then find out that this is not possible as the web site builds based on aspnet worker process, and that is 32bit, hence there was a problem referencing the 64bit ODP.NET assembly.

So I created a class library project for any cpu and refer the 64bit assembly in there, and refer the class library project in the main web site, and the problem solved.