This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 9:59 AM by lake RSS

Configuration Failed after Installing 11gR2 Forms and Reports.

ocpdev Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all Gurus,

I have installed following successfully:

1. Weblogic Server 10.3.6.
2. JDK 7 64-bit.
3. Oracle Database 11gr2 64-bit.
4. Windows Server 2008 Ent 64-bit.

When I install 11gr2 Forms and Reports, it installed successfully,
after that I click “Configure”, then it open another window as “Configuration Progress”, which shows following modules to be configure:

Creating Domain
Creating Managed Server: WLS_FORMS
Creating Managed Server: WLS_REPORTS
Deploying Enterprise Manager
Restarting ApplicationServer
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
etc.

At very first “*Creating Domain*”, it shows “*Failed*", same with other modules

There is also no space or () in “Path Enviromental System Variable”.

Pl guide me !

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Sukhvinder on Nov 29, 2012 7:53 PM
  • 1. Re: Configuration of 11gr2 Forms and Reports Hangs.
    Michael Ferrante (Oracle) Guru Moderator
    My first suggestion is to not use JDK7 on the server for the installation. I would recommend uninstalling the JDK and the FMw software (including WLS). Do a complete cleanup. Be sure to also delete the C:\bea directory along with all other directories created by the failed attempts. If you find that a particular directory cannot be deleted due to a locked file, delete all that you can and reboot. After rebooting, delete the remainder.

Then install Java SE 6-64bit (JDK). Before beginning the FMw installation you MUST verify the following:

1. The machine has a static IP address. If not, the Windows Loopback Adapter must be installed and configured. This is explained in the FMw System Requirements Guide.

2. The Windows system PATH and CLASSPATH cannot contain any entries that include a parenthesis character. For example "(x86)". My recommendation is to open a Notepad session and copy the complete PATH and CLASSPATH (if one exists) values to it. Then leave CLASSPATH blank and set PATH to the following:
    %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem
    After the installation and configuration has been completed, you can restore the original values. However, note that some new entries will have been added by the installation, so be sure to include those.

The product documentation can be found here:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24269_01/index.htm

Although the Installation Guide is important, reviewing the System Requirements is also important and possibly more important.
  • 2. Configuration Failed after Installing 11gR2 Forms and Reports
    ocpdev Newbie
    Thanks sir,

After Un-Installing and Re-Installing, I have another problem

When I install 11gr2 Forms and Reports, it installed successfully,
    after that I click “Configure”, then it open another window as “Configuration Progress”, which shows following modules to be configure:

Creating Domain
    Creating Managed Server: WLS_FORMS
    Creating Managed Server: WLS_REPORTS
    Deploying Enterprise Manager
    Restarting ApplicationServer
    --------------
    --------------
    --------------
    --------------
    --------------
    --------------
    --------------
    --------------
    etc.

At very first “*Creating Domain*”, it shows “*Failed*", same with other modules

There is also no space or () in “Path Enviromental System Variable”.

Pl guide me again !
  • 3. Re: Configuration Failed after Installing 11gR2 Forms and Reports
    Have you verified that the machine uses a static IP address and not one assigned by DHCP? It might also be a good idea to review the install logs while the installer remains running. The install log should explain why the failure is occurring. In most cases, you can repair the problem then go back to the installer and retry. However, if you exit the installer, you will not be able to retry.

Finally, if you cannot get it working and if you have a Support contract, I would recommend contacting Oracle Support. By the way, this is not a "Forms" issue. This is an issue that would be handled by the Oracle Application Server team, at least initially. This will be helpful information if you decide to create a Service Request.
  • 4. Re: Configuration Failed after Installing 11gR2 Forms and Reports
    ocpdev Newbie
    Thanks for your good suggestion!

After installing Java SE 6-64bit (JDK) instead of JDK7-64 bit, now all steps instead of below 04 steps,
    are configured successfully;

1. Starting Managed Server: WSL_REPORTS - Failed
    2. Creating Reports Tools Components - Failed
    3. Creating Reports Server Components - Failed
    4. Executing: opmnctl startproc ias-component=Rptsv.. - Failed

Sir, pl again guide me again to successfully configure these above mentioned steps, so that I could start to work in 11gr2 Forms and Reports.
  • 5. Re: Configuration Failed after Installing 11gR2 Forms and Reports
    ocpdev Newbie
    Sir,

We are using network IP Address, which are the defaults, like Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), like

We are using these IP Address for network pcs. These are running succeessfully with our Forms 6i application.

Is these are ok ? if not, then pl guide me for Setup of other IP Addresses.

Thanks.
  • 6. Re: Configuration Failed after Installing 11gR2 Forms and Reports
    I don't fully understand your reply. If you do not understand how to identify whether or not the machine where you are installing the product uses a static IP or not, please consult with your Network or System admin if you have one. In short, your Windows 2008 machine cannot use DHCP for obtaining its address, regardless of what the resulting address is.

As far as new failures, this is likely the result of you not completely cleaning up the earlier failed attempts. Before attempting to run the installation again, uninstall and delete all previous attempts. This means:

1. Uninstall FMw. Depending on how far the installation ran, you may find a Windows shortcut to launch the installer. If not, just delete the directories.
    2. Uninstall WLS. This can be done from the "Programs and Features" panel on the Windows Control Panel.
    3. After uninstalling the products, do one last scan of the file system to ensure that you have removed all related directories. Be sure to also delete C:\bea as it belongs to the WLS installation.

Once you have fully removed the installations, reboot the machine before attempting to reinstall.

Once the machine has been rebooted and you have logged in, ensure that you have accomplished the following before retrying:

1. You are a Windows user with "Administrator" permissions
    2. The machine is not configured to use DHCP
    3. The system PATH and CLASSPATH do not include parentheses symbols (e.g. (x86)) - I mentioned this earlier.
    4. Ensure that you have reviewed the Sys Requirements doc and comply with its recommendations:
    <blockquote>http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/ias/downloads/fusion-requirements-100147.html</blockquote>
    5. Read the Installation Guide:
    <blockquote>http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24269_01/doc.11120/e23960/toc.htm</blockquote>
    Specifically, be sure to review the Troubleshooting section.

If after following these instructions you cannot install the product, I would recommend that you contact Oracle Support
  • 7. Re: Configuration Failed after Installing 11gR2 Forms and Reports
    lake Journeyer
    I hope you heard my lecture already about parentheses in the path.

regarding network config. You are trying to install forms and weblogic on the server in order for it to act as
    a server of forms, right?
    So the server is a whole different issue than the workstations that will access the forms server. The workstations can receive numbers via dhcp and still work assuming that is taken into account with any firewalls etc that are in the loop.

Servers often have multiple network cards. Hopefully if you have a network connection you are not using that is disabled.

I would first go to the dos prompt and do:
    ipconfig /all

if the network connection for which the server is receiving traffic (which is likely something like
    local area connection looks like this:
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Then it could be non-static. With dhcp it is possible to configure certain machines to get static(non-changing) IP numbers so dhcp alone is not a complete answer to the question of whether the ip number ever changes. But if you find it's not dhcp and has an IP number then it is static so you ought to be good on that front.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points