This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 7:25 AM by Angel Perez RSS

Capture the COBOL Batch Complete Event in CC&B

868643 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I have a specific requirement to capture the batch complete event for some custom implementation.
I implemented the solution with change handler on the "Batch Run" entity.I got the completion event for the Java based batches but the problem comes with COBOL based batch.
For COBOL based batches, the complete event is not getting in the change handler.I guess the batch completion status is getting updated thru a plain SQL in COBOL batches.
Has anyone has a idea ,how to capture the Batch completion event for COBOL batches?

Regards,
-Jinesh J
  • 1. Re: Capture the COBOL Batch Complete Event in CC&B
    Angel Perez Newbie
    Have you considered to use database triggers? That might be your las option to keep track of changes occurred in batch tables if change handlers are not being triggered by cobol batches.

Have you tried any other change handler event, other than the handleChange()???

You also should be considering to raise tha conol behavior as a product bug in support.oracle.com
  • 2. Re: Capture the COBOL Batch Complete Event in CC&B
    878070 Explorer
    For the COBOL batches in CC&B, they all use a set of common routines for batch control - if you look at a COBOL batch, you will see "COPY CICZBTCR", and CICZBTCR contains the routines for getting batch parameters, starting, stopping, restarting batches etc.

To end a batch run, it is actually CIPZFBRN that is called, and this does contain SQL to end the batch run and log the end of thread message to the Message Log. This is the information displayed on the Batch Run Tree screen, and it is available on the table CI_BATCH_RUN.
  • 3. Re: Capture the COBOL Batch Complete Event in CC&B
    Angel Perez Newbie
    user816833 wrote:
    For the COBOL batches in CC&B, they all use a set of common routines for batch control - if you look at a COBOL batch, you will see "COPY CICZBTCR", and CICZBTCR contains the routines for getting batch parameters, starting, stopping, restarting batches etc.

To end a batch run, it is actually CIPZFBRN that is called, and this does contain SQL to end the batch run and log the end of thread message to the Message Log. This is the information displayed on the Batch Run Tree screen, and it is available on the table CI_BATCH_RUN.
    I think what JJ999 need is to catch the event when any batch has changes its status or finishes its execution. The problem is that maybe the cobol routines you are referencing they are not following the regular SPL FW standars 100% accurately and this routines does not trigger the ChangeHandler extensions so the custome change handler is never called by cobol batch programs.
  • 4. Re: Capture the COBOL Batch Complete Event in CC&B
    868643 Newbie
    Yes , That's true Perez.
    I am trying to catch the Batch Completion Event and try to send a custom email functionality to the user's.Unfortunately no track of COBOL Batch completion event.
    As you suggested we can use the DB trigger but in our scenario, we need to use the custom java code to meet our functionality that prevents us to use of trigger.
    I tried to use the Audit Algorithm on "Batch Run" but the result was same for COBOL batches.
    I think the only way to implement this to introduce a custom table.
  • 5. Re: Capture the COBOL Batch Complete Event in CC&B
    Angel Perez Newbie
    How are you planning to populate that custom table if the COBOL ChangeHandlers or Audit Algorithm are not working anyway?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points