7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 9:18 AM by Srini Chavali-Oracle RSS

error in impdp

DIVI
      I have a dump file exported from another machine, now i need to import it into my machine and i followed below steps

Step1(at sql prompt) : create or replace directory my_dir as 'D:\my_dir'; grant read,write on DIRECTORY my_dir to public; and place my dump file in my_dir
      Step2 (at command prompt): impdp username/password@schemaname directory=my_dir dumpfile=mydump.DP.DMP

i am getting the below error

ORA-39002: invalid operation
      ORA-39070: Unable to open the log file.
      ORA-29283: invalid file operation
      ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_FILE", line 536
      ORA-29283: invalid file operation

what could be the problem ? ? ?

Edited by: DIVI on Nov 29, 2012 2:28 AM
        • 1. Re: error in impdp
          Sunny kichloo
          Have you created directory D:\my_dir physically on the server??

Check this

Errors ORA-39002,ORA-39070, ORA-29283, ORA-06512, ORA-29283 during import

Also try to use logfile option in below mentioned command

impdp username/password@schemaname directory=mydir dumpfile=mydump.DP.DMP

as

impdp username/password@schemaname directory=mydir dumpfile=mydump.DP.DMP logfile=mydump.log

You have given permission on directories to user public.So is it the same user by which your are performing import??

If not then assign permission on that directories to user performing import.
          • 2. Re: error in impdp
            Niket Kumar
            mydir and my_dir is diffrent in step 1 and 2
            Step1(at sql prompt) : create or replace directory my_dir as 'D:\my_dir'; grant read,write on DIRECTORY my_dir to public; and place my dump file in my_dir
            Step2 (at command prompt): impdp username/password@schemaname directory=mydir dumpfile=mydump.DP.DMP 
            • 3. Re: error in impdp
              Richard Harrison .
              Hi,
              Does the user that the oracle software is running as (oracle?) have permissions at the os level on that new folder you created - or are you the only one who can read/write there?

Cheers,
              Harry
              • 4. Re: error in impdp
                DIVI
                Sorry public is not the user, now i corrected it and given permissions to my user, but still facing same error.
                • 5. Re: error in impdp
                  Sunny kichloo
                  Have you checked on directory path ??

Also try to take import from that user and Share the log file of Import as mentioned by me in the above thread.
                  • 6. Re: error in impdp
                    Hi DIVI,

1. Check for the physical existence of the folder.
                    2. Check for write permission in the folder D:\my_dir
                    (Try and create a test file.)

Regards,
                    BT
                    • 7. Re: error in impdp
                      Srini Chavali-Oracle
                      Pl post details of OS and database versions. Pl see if these MOS Docs can help

Errors ORA-39002 ORA-39070 ORA-29283 ORA-6512 When Using DataPump Export (EXPDP) or Import (IMPDP) [ID 1305166.1]
                      DataPump Export (EXPDP) To A Windows Mapped Network Drive Returns Errors ORA-39002 ORA-39070 ORA-29283 ORA-6512 [ID 858401.1]
                      How To Resolve The Errors ORA-39002 ORA-39070 ORA-29283 ORA-6512 When DataPump Export Fails [ID 790163.1]
                      ORA-39002,ORA-39070,ORA-29283 When Modifying The Group That Has Access To DataPump directory [ID 552783.1]

HTH
                      Srini