This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 5:30 AM by Michael Ferrante (Oracle) RSS

Can i use webutil without application server?

Manoj Rajput Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear all

i m using oracle forms 10g (10.1.2.02) and i have to create a new form and run this form from another machine without AS , its working fine but i use the only OLE function for excel report but excel report open on the file machine,
not open on client machine please help me
  • 1. Re: Can i use webutil without application server?
    Prabodh Guru
    i m using oracle forms 10g (10.1.2.02) and i have to create a new form and run this form from another machine without AS , its working fine
    Can you explain this better? Forms 10g is a web deployment. So, how are you making it run without Application Server?
    but i use the only OLE function for excel report but excel report open on the file machine,
    not open on client machine please help me>

Webutil can be deployed only on AS.(10g).

Cheers,
  • 2. Re: Can i use webutil without application server?
    Michael Ferrante (Oracle) Guru Moderator
    Webutil is not a "product". it is an add-on set of java beans for a Forms application that you design. So, "WebUtil" cannot run on its own. It must be built into a form, which means you must have an Application Server installation hosting Oracle Forms.

Regarding the next part of your statement, the use of OLE to access Excel, Webutil really has little to do with accessing Microsoft Excel. WebUtil just gives you a way to talk the component that does all the work of accessing the info via OLE. That component is Jacob. Jacob is not an Oracle product. It is part of an open source project intended to help java developers perform OLE functionality from their java applications. So, if you don't want to use Forms to access your Excel data, you can write your own java app and integrate Jacob into it. How to do this is not a discussion for this forum. Refer to the Jacob Open Source Project pages for more information on how it works:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jacob-project/

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points