This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 8:33 AM by 976850 RSS

11.2.0.3.20 "Basic Lite" Client?

976850 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Cross posting from
Re: No "Lite" version of 11.2.0.3.20 ODAC?

on orafad's recommendation (thanks!)

-----

Is there a "basic lite" instant client that corresponds to ODAC 11.2.0.3.20?

I'm assuming it's needed because we're building / deploying on .net 4.5 which is only supported in ODAC 11.2.0.3.20?

I'm mainly looking for the oraociicus11.dll that has limited character sets -- which is about 34 MB -- I don't want to have to ship 125+ meg version unless we absolutely need to.

-----
from orafad's response to my questions -- if it helps to translate to oracle speak :) --
-----

The last .20 is a patch version. Which means it may be that Instant Client was not patched, only some other dlls, and therefor 11.2.0.3 is the latest available.
(Note that individual dll versions may differ from patch version.)

The only a few client character sets - version you are looking for is Basic Lite. And yes name of package matters in this case

I assumes you meant: oraociicus11.dll, which is about 34 MB.
Forum dedicated to Instant Client, to which this thread belongs, Instant Client

------

Regards, Chad
  • 1. Re: 11.2.0.3.20 "Basic Lite" Client?
    LaurenzAlbe Journeyer
    Looking at
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/windows/downloads/index-101290.html
    I see that "ODAC 11.2 Release 5 (11.2.0.3.20)" includes "Oracle Instant Client 11.2.0.3.0".
    11.2.0.3.20 seems to only apply to "Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio".

So unless Oracle is quite sloppy about their version numbers (which they usually are not)
    that would be exactly the same version as the download from
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/instant-client/index-097480.html

So I would feel safe about removing oraociei11.dll and replacing it with oraociicus11.dl
    from Instant Client Basic Lite 10.2.0.3.0.
    Also, the Instant Client shared library contains message and time zone files, and the chances
    that these change between fixpacks is not so big.

Of course, if you need certainty that this is supported, you'd have to have support and
    open a service request.

Yours,
    Laurenz Albe
  • 2. Re: 11.2.0.3.20 "Basic Lite" Client?
    976850 Newbie
    Thank you very much for that info! I didn't notice the versions for those dll's were the same --

Chad

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points