7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 12:40 AM by Rajeev_R RSS

Connection Pool and Asset Limit

Hi ,
      Can any one tell me whats the relation between connection pool number and number of Assets in a deletion project?

Take this day to day case of mine I have 300 items to be deleted which do not have any relationship.Its a direct deletion from the database from one table.

My Development Team says deletion takes time and wants me to restrict the number of items to 50.

Can someone throw light on it?
        • 1. Re: Connection Pool and Asset Limit
          Obed Murillo
          Hi,

If you have more connections the deletion will be faster we had an issue with a deletion with a lot of items more than 300K

So we changed our atg datasource to be like this.

<xa-datasource>
          <min-pool-size>5</min-pool-size>
          <max-pool-size>15</max-pool-size>
          <blocking-timeout-millis>15000</blocking-timeout-millis>
          </xa-datasource>

I hope this helps you

Reagrds,
          Obed
          • 2. Re: Connection Pool and Asset Limit
            Thanks Obed.

I will certainly pass this on to my developers.
            • 3. Re: Connection Pool and Asset Limit
              Thanks Obed.

I will certainly pass this on to my developers.
              • 4. Re: Connection Pool and Asset Limit
                Hi--

Is there a limit to the number of assets allowed in one project? I've been looking for documentation on this, but no luck. We are having issues with our BCC and our programmers think that this one project that has 47 assets may have caused the whole system to go down. When I write go down, I'm referring to content being deleted from assets, asset types changing from promotional content to flash content and other oddities.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Thanks,
                Mick
                • 5. Re: Connection Pool and Asset Limit
                  Gautam Singh
                  As for as Oracle commerce is concerned there is no limitation on asset deployed per project. Though databases could have some limitation, I have experienced that SQL Server sometimes chokes with more than 2K asset deployed per project. BTW 34 is too less to cause any problem with any databases.
                  One of the reason you can run into issues like the ne you talked about is if you have discrepancies between your production and publishing DB, which can happen when people starts making direct database updates or start making changes directly in production DB without going through publishing.

If it happen next time you can check the logs to see if it printout some error or warning log
                  • 6. Re: Connection Pool and Asset Limit
                    Thank you. This is very much appreciated.

Best,
                    Mick
                    • 7. Re: Connection Pool and Asset Limit
                      Rajeev_R
                      Gautham,

there is a forced limitation in ATG in case of number of assets in a single project, by default ATG will configure this as 30 or 50, the project has more number of assets wont be deployed, it will throw some error.

We can change this through */atg/epub/version/VersionManagerService.workspaceOptimizationThresholdAssetCount*
                      cheers,
                      R