user11986391 wrote:Oracle EBS 12.1.6 version is available yet (and will not be available). The latest R12 release is 12.1.3 and the next release will be 12.2
our current version is DB 10.2.0.4 on Unix and apps 12.0.6 on Linux (SUSE 10).
We are planning to upgrade our db to oracle appliance 11R2 and Virtual Linux (SUSE 11).
Please advice how to go about.
1. Upgrade apps to 12.1.6 (?) in current box and Upgrade db to 11g in current box
2. Migrate current version to new server and upgrade there
3. Re-Implement 12.1.6 in new env and then upgrade.
Also, can we move from 12.0.6 to 12.1.6 directly?
user11986391 wrote:12.0.6 is not certified with SUSE 11 while 12.1.1/12.1.3 is certified on SUSE 10/11
When I go thru the Cloning Oracle Applications Release 12 with Rapid Clone [ID 406982.1]
It says, that I should be at SUSE linux 11, if I want to upgrade to 12.1.1. Here is the situation I'm, please advice.
We are on SUSE Linux 10 currently and network is planning to go to a new server with Linux 11. In this case what should I do.
1. Copy the current setup directly into new server with Linux 11 and then do the upgrade there
2. Once the new server is ready with Linux 11, clone existing 12.0.6 into new server, upgrade in new server to 12.1.1