2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2012 9:58 AM by Howard (... in Training) RSS

Reduce spacing before page items

Howard (... in Training)
      I have several page items (checkboxes, labels, fields, date selectors, and a Submit button) on one line in a region. Are there HTML Table Cell Attributes which will reduce the spacing before these?

I want to reduce the space because it's forcing other elements off the screen.

Oracle 10.2, Apex 4.1, ....

Thanks,
      Howard
        • 1. Re: Reduce spacing before page items
          fac586
          Howard (DBA in Training) wrote:
          I have several page items (checkboxes, labels, fields, date selectors, and a Submit button) on one line in a region. Are there HTML Table Cell Attributes which will reduce the spacing before these?
          Other than inline style sheets, none that should still be used in civilised company.
          I want to reduce the space because it's forcing other elements off the screen.

Oracle 10.2, Apex 4.1, ....
          Theme? Region template? And a load of item properties...for layout and visual formatting, do yourself and everyone else a favour and reproduce the problem on apex.oracle.com. You'll get more response and a faster answer.
          • 2. Re: Reduce spacing before page items - Solved for charts
            Howard (... in Training)
            At least for charts I have an answer. One has some control. On the Chart Attributes tab there are attibutes for "Chart Margin:" Top, Botton, Left, Right. These can be negative numbers. I found I could reduce the LEFT margin -15. I could reduce the TOP margin by -21 before it was truncated by the top of the area. At about -25 or -30, the labels at the BOTTOM began to be hidden by the Legend. [Note: This solved a lot of my problem but I am still unable to move page item other than by adjusting the vertical alignment setting.   For checkboxes, I'm able to move the label (name) up but not the boxes or values themselves.  ???]

Thanks,
            Howard