7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 9:04 AM by hyperion start RSS

Import export folder

hyperion start
      Hello Gurus,
      I have completed installing the EPM, and when I look inside the "USER_PROJECTS" folder inside the EPMHOME, I don't see the IMPORT_EXPORT folder. Doesn't it have to be there? or do I need to take some step in order to have that folder?
      I already have some application in the Development environment, and I am planning to migrate those to this newly created one. I have used LCM in the development box to export the HSS and I already have it exported to the FILE SYSTEM. So, in order to import that to the new environment, I need to copy it under the IMPORT_EXPORT folder in the new environment right?
      But I dont see it. Do I need to run some script or something in order to do it?
      Thanks for the response.
        • 1. Re: Import export folder
          JohnGoodwin
          If you run an LCM export, pick anything and run it then it will create the folder structure for you, then you can copy your source files to that location and run an import.

Cheers

John
          http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
          • 2. Re: Import export folder
            hyperionEPM
            Hello,

The location is

C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\import_export

You will have to create the folder manually if not available, where you are trying to perform an import.

The user should also have LCM Administrator provision from the shared service to perform an import.

If you have performed an export using the default admin account, you will find a folder with name admin@Native Directory, if you do not have the specific rights you won't be able to perform the import.

Thanks.
            HyperionEPM
            Please mark answers as helpful or correct so that others can find solution easily.*
            • 3. Re: Import export folder
              JohnGoodwin
              Just run an export like I said and then you dont have to create any folders manually.
              hyperionEPM wrote:
              If you have performed an export using the default admin account, you will find a folder with name admin@Native Directory, if you do not have the specific rights you won't be able to perform the import.
              No mention of version but from 11.1.2.2 the username has been dropped from the import_export folder and you can provide a folder name when you export.

Cheers

John
              • 4. Re: Import export folder
                hyperion start
                Thanks for your response.
                Well, this is 11.1.2.1
                I am aware about the location. So, I can just create a folder called IMPORT_EXPORT under EPMSYSTEM1 right? I mean in the destination environment. Since I already have the exported LCM file (folder) from the target environment, I will copy and paste it to the new environment and then perform the LCM import. I hope it works.
                ALSO, in the source environment, the username we have used for export is called BUDADMIN, so do you want me to create a user called BUDADMIN in the target HSS environment and give admin privilege before i perform the import?

Thanks for your response.
                • 5. Re: Import export folder
                  JohnGoodwin
                  You can create a directory if you like though if you log into Shared Services and then select one item to export using LCM it will create the folder structure with the username in it, you can delete the extract afterwards, pick the option you want create manually or run an export so LCM creates the directory structure for you.

Cheers

John
                  • 6. Re: Import export folder
                    hyperionEPM
                    Hello,

Yes, you can create a folder import_export in epmsystem1 in your destination environment. If you have used a user called BUDADMIN to perform an export then you would be able to see a folder *"BUDADMIN@Native Directory"*. You can then transfer the files to your destination environment and perform an import using the same user or rename the folder name with the user that you want to use to perform an import, provided that user has LCM administrative privileges.

Thanks.
                    HyperionEPM
                    • 7. Re: Import export folder
                      hyperion start
                      Thank John and Hyperion EPM,
                      I will try both the ways suggested by you. Thank you again.