This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2012 2:54 PM by JacobatTheNewSchool RSS

Where do "Other Users" filter settings get stored?

JacobatTheNewSchool Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

When I apply a filter to the "Other Users", where does this information get stored? Is there a settings or configuration file on my machine that saves this information? Could someone please tell me the absolute path(s) and file name(s)?
thanks//jacob
  • 1. Re: Where do "Other Users" filter settings get stored?
    rp0428 Guru
    >
    When I apply a filter to the "Other Users", where does this information get stored? Is there a settings or configuration file on my machine that saves this information? Could someone please tell me the absolute path(s) and file name(s)?
    >
    No - you didn't provide anything about your environment or your sql developer version.

Look for a file named 'product-preferences.xml. On my WinXP system it is at
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\SQL Developer\system3.2.20.09.87\o.sqldeveloper.11.2.0.9.87
    You will find some other preference and properties file in the same folder.
  • 2. Re: Where do "Other Users" filter settings get stored?
    JacobatTheNewSchool Newbie
    Any Windows absolute path would do. Sorry I forgot to state my OS.

On Windows 7 the path is:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer\system3.2.20.09.87\o.sqldeveloper.11.2.0.9.87

I found the file. Thanks!

It's interesting that when the friendly name of the connection changes, it leaves orphan filter markup items in this file. I found a lot of "old" filters saved here. It made me wonder why friendly name changes of the connection do not cascade into this file if filters were applied.
    thanks//jacob

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points