1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 2:09 AM by 971908 RSS

PDF generated through OAF page is gettign Saved in Local machine

Premanshu Prasad
      Hi Gurus,

I am generating a PDF payslip through OAF.
      I am using below tempalte_helper method to add my .rtf file with dataxml generated by my PLSQL procedure.

TemplateHelper.processTemplate(((OADBTransactionImpl)pageContext.getApplicationModule(webBean).getOADBTransaction()).getAppsContext(),
      "PER",
      "XXCHILEPAYSLIPDD",
      ((OADBTransactionImpl)pageContext.getApplicationModule(webBean).getOADBTransaction()).getUserLocale().getLanguage(),
      ((OADBTransactionImpl)pageContext.getApplicationModule(webBean).getOADBTransaction()).getUserLocale().getCountry(),
      inputStream,
      TemplateHelper.OUTPUT_TYPE_PDF,
      prop,
      pdfFile);

I am able to get the payslip as PDF and it asks me to either OPEN or SAVE the pdf.

If I do open in this case , still a temp copy of payslip is getting saved on the Local machine's Temp Internet Folder .

Please let me know if there are any method through which I can stop the temp file to be saved on local machine as this is a Security threat for client (Payslip getting saved on the machine.)

Thanks in Advance.
      Prem
        • 1. Re: PDF generated through OAF page is gettign Saved in Local machine
          Hi,

this is just how the Internet works and also how file displays work. Everything you view, listen to etc. in your browser gets saved as a temporary file on your computer. You can't even view a simple html page without having it saved on your computer for a short time. I can't think of anything to prevent this from happening.

Also, if you generated the file yourself, how is that a security threat to your client? He should be sure the file is safe.

Best regards!