3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 8:22 AM by 970471 RSS

Dynamic list not reflected in sitestudio page.

Hi,

I am using Oracle site studio 10gr4, as i impleted dynamic list. Based on the title the link shoud open as a PDF file and followed by summery for the title.
      For summery dislpaying i kept in comments of the content server checkin page. the same <$xComments$> used in paraments of the dynamic list kept at display end.

but, title only displaying summery not displaying even any update/delete not relecting in sitestudio.i have admin pervillages of the content server.

query string criteria i have given correct query.becoz when i checked in the content , the link based title ( <$dTitle$>) given correctly i also given (<$xComments$>) (for summery) correctly at display end in the paramenters of the dynamic lsit page.

I dont know how summery and any updatations not refelcting in site studio page.

do i need to change anything for this.
      kindly help me on this.

yt

Edited by: 792821 on Dec 3, 2012 2:14 PM
        • 1. Re: Dynamic list not reflected in sitestudio page.
          Hi,

as i mentioned the above, Articals should display on layout page based on the Title. when clicks on Title, the pdf file should open. so, title is a link based. then below summery should display below of the title.

Is there any way for displaying summery should come dynamically as per PDF file information. i mean summery should come from pdf file and display it on layout page automatically with limited length of the sentenses ??

how to display summery based on pdf file automatically ??

let me know if any clarifications.

kindly help me on this.

Edited by: 792821 on Dec 3, 2012 6:29 PM

Edited by: 792821 on Dec 3, 2012 6:30 PM

Edited by: 792821 on Dec 3, 2012 6:30 PM

Edited by: 792821 on Dec 3, 2012 6:31 PM
          • 2. Re: Dynamic list not reflected in sitestudio page.
            webmonkeymagic
            the short answer is no, ucm cannot read pdf files.

the long answer is that search results can be configured to include snippets. when the original file is indexed, snippets of text are parsed from the file and stored along with the metadata. you can then write code to output that snippet below your title. however, configuring snippets may depend on your search engine and what it's configuration options are. it's probably easier to just use a metadata field and manually enter a summary.
            • 3. Re: Dynamic list not reflected in sitestudio page.
              For more information on the search snippets that webmonkeymagic is speaking of, visit this blog post: https://blogs.oracle.com/kyle/entry/nice_features_oracletextsearch

Jonathan
              http://jonathanhult.com