This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 10:22 AM by 961221 RSS

ODI topology connection error - oracle database

961221 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I'm trying to connect to oracle database installed on a remote server through odi client installed on my windows machine. Oracle db is on RHEL 64 bit, I believe. I know the connection details such as hostname, sid etc but i'm not able to establish a connection using the oracle jdbc driver. I can perfectly connect to the db via sqldeveloper using tnsnames and also basic connection which rules out the possibility that i might be giving incorrect SID name in ODI connection since I'm using the same details for both

Error which i received is:

java.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:
ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.doGetConnection(LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.java:133)
     at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.getConnection(LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.java:62)
     at com.sunopsis.sql.SnpsConnection.testConnection(SnpsConnection.java:1125)
     at com.sunopsis.graphical.dialog.SnpsDialogTestConnet.getLocalConnect(SnpsDialogTestConnet.java:163)
     at com.sunopsis.graphical.dialog.SnpsDialogTestConnet.access$4(SnpsDialogTestConnet.java:159)
     at com.sunopsis.graphical.dialog.SnpsDialogTestConnet$4.doInBackground(SnpsDialogTestConnet.java:519)
     at com.sunopsis.graphical.dialog.SnpsDialogTestConnet$4.doInBackground(SnpsDialogTestConnet.java:1)
     at oracle.odi.ui.framework.AbsUIRunnableTask.run(AbsUIRunnableTask.java:258)
     at oracle.ide.dialogs.ProgressBar.run(ProgressBar.java:655)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:
ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.doGetConnection(LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.java:133)
     at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.getConnection(LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.java:62)
     at oracle.odi.core.datasource.dwgobject.support.OnConnectOnDisconnectDataSourceAdapter.getConnection(OnConnectOnDisconnectDataSourceAdapter.java:74)
     at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter$ConnectionProcessor.run(LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.java:217)
     at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
     ... 1 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:482)
     at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:678)
     at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:238)
     at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:34)
     at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:567)
     at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnectionFromDriver(DriverManagerDataSource.java:410)
     at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnectionFromDriver(DriverManagerDataSource.java:386)
     at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnectionFromDriver(DriverManagerDataSource.java:353)
     at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnection(DriverManagerDataSource.java:332)
     ... 7 more
Caused by: oracle.net.ns.NetException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:

at oracle.net.ns.NSProtocol.connect(NSProtocol.java:411)
     at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.connect(T4CConnection.java:1222)
     at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:330)
     ... 15 more

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points