This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 5:24 AM by Gaétan Berthold RSS

IDS usage

Gaétan Berthold Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

We have a IDS 2.2 P05 setup that we currently use to access a regular Documaker archive, using the REQTYPE=PRT, and also to have Documaker process real-time transactions, using the REQTYPE=RPD. That all works fine, thanks to Andy.

I now have a requirement to have IDS run Documaker without any extract file, meaning the variable data would be embedded in the actual message sent to IDS. The meesage could look something like this:

CONFIG=DGAG_RUN_RP
ReqType=DateInMgs
FormName=CO;LOB;MY_FORM
FORM_FIELD_01=John Doe
FORM_FIELD_02=Mary Doe
FORM_FIELD_03=123 Your Street
FORM_FIELD_04=Your Town

Of course, the DateInMgs does not exist.

Is this something doable ? Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Gaétan
  • 1. Re: IDS usage
    AndyLittle Explorer
    Gaétan Berthold wrote:
    Hi,

We have a IDS 2.2 P05 setup that we currently use to access a regular Documaker archive, using the REQTYPE=PRT, and also to have Documaker process real-time transactions, using the REQTYPE=RPD. That all works fine, thanks to Andy.

I now have a requirement to have IDS run Documaker without any extract file, meaning the variable data would be embedded in the actual message sent to IDS. The meesage could look something like this:

CONFIG=DGAG_RUN_RP
    ReqType=DateInMgs
    FormName=CO;LOB;MY_FORM
    FORM_FIELD_01=John Doe
    FORM_FIELD_02=Mary Doe
    FORM_FIELD_03=123 Your Street
    FORM_FIELD_04=Your Town

Of course, the DateInMgs does not exist.
    Gaétan,

Currently Documaker doesn't support passing of extract file data in attachment variables. You have a few options that might get you near where you want to be for your requirement:

1) Write a custom rule for IDS. The calling application would send the attachment variable name/value pairs. The request will be received by IDS and your custom rule would be invoked by the request type. The custom rule should gather the attachment variables and write them to an extract file. The custom rule should pass the path/filename of the temporary extract file in an attachment variable, called EXTRFILE or EXTRACT depending on your configuration, for RP to use.

2) Adjust the requirement slightly, so that a temporary extract file can be produced from the calling application, attached to the request and then removed. Adjust your request type to accept the attached extract, write locally, and then process. This is by far the preferred method.

--Andy

(Yes, it's the same Andy, my email address with Oracle finally changed but I have yet to get it correlated to my old Forums login, so I'm back to being a newbie!)
  • 2. Re: IDS usage
    Gaétan Berthold Explorer
    Hi Andy,

Back at being a newbie, hey... did you also get to go back and be a young teenager also? :-)

Thanks for the reply, that's what I thought.

Gaétan

P.S. I'll mark the question as answerred, so that you go up to 2 points!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points