1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 6:54 PM by Gary Graham-Oracle RSS

Find Database Object gives error message in 3.2.20.09.87

Rick_Koch
      Since updating to SQL Developer 3.2.20.09.87 I've been getting error messages when running Find Database Object. The message on the logging page is: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
      Followed by:
      select null name, -1 LINE, -1 COL, null USAGE,
      case when obj.object_type like 'JAVA%' then 'JAVA' else obj.object_type end TYPE,
      OWNER, case when obj.object_type like 'JAVA%' then 'JAVA' else obj.object_type end OBJECT_TYPE,
      obj.OBJECT_NAME
      from sys.dba_objects obj where rownum <= 500 and obj.object_type != 'TABLE PARTITION' and obj.object_type != 'TABLE SUBPARTITION' and obj.object_type != 'JAVA CLASS' and object_name like ?
      union all
      'MATERIALIZED VIEW LOG' TYPE, log_owner OWNER,
      'MATERIALIZED VIEW LOG' OBJECT_TYPE, master OBJECT_NAME
      from all_snapshot_logs where master like ?
      union
      'DATABASE LINK' TYPE, owner OWNER,
      'DATABASE LINK' OBJECT_TYPE, db_link OBJECT_NAME
      from all_db_links where rownum <= 500 and db_link like ?
      union all
      select c.column_name name, -1 LINE, -1 COL, null USAGE, o.object_type TYPE, c.OWNER, o.object_type OBJECT_TYPE, c.table_NAME OBJECT_NAME
      from sys.all_tab_columns c, all_objects o
      where c.table_name=o.object_name and c.owner = o.owner and rownum <= 500 and c.column_name like ?
      union all
      select name, LINE, COL, USAGE, TYPE, OWNER, OBJECT_TYPE, OBJECT_NAME
      from sys.all_identifiers where rownum <= 500 and name like ?

My database version is: 10.2.0.4.0

I'm grateful that SQL Developer peacefully coexists with earlier versions.

Anything I can do?
      Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Find Database Object gives error message in 3.2.20.09.87
          Gary Graham-Oracle
          Hi,

I cannot seem to find a bug or forum reference for this issue at the moment, but I recall there was some problem on 10g connections where SQL Developer thinks you have DBA view privileges even when you don't. So, on 11g, a user with very basic privileges can do a Find DB Object without seeing the error you got on 10.2.0.4. On 10.2.0.x you should be able to workaround the problem if you can arrange to get grant select_catalog_role for that userid.

Regards,
          Gary