2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 6:49 AM by EdStevens RSS

Day to day activities of oracle DBA for 3+ years of exp

user8596912
      Hi, I need day-to-day activities of oracle dba for 3+ years of exp....

Please help me

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Day to day activities of oracle DBA for 3+ years of exp
          bigdelboy
          user8596912 wrote:

Please help me

Thanks
          {message:id=10668438}
          • 2. Re: Day to day activities of oracle DBA for 3+ years of exp
            EdStevens
            user8596912 wrote:

Please help me

Thanks
            For starters, the "3+ years of exp...." has no bearing whatsoever on "day-to-day activities".

"day-to-day activities " are defined by your job, not your experience. And your job is defined by your manager and your own sense of responsibility to both your company and your career.

There seems to be a growing culture around here that believes that "course of instruction A" equates to "job title B" equates to "job task list c", and after "x number of years" automatic qualification for "job title D" and "task list E".

Sorry. Life is much more fluid and complex than that. I've been in this business over 30 years. I've worked state and federal gov agencies, corporate HQ of a major car rental company, an auto manufacturing company, a financial card processing company, and a religious publishing company. Belive it or not, a siginificant number of people I've worked with - possibly a majority - did/do NOT have degrees in IT. Yet they were/are working as developers, architects, programmers, systems analysts, dba's, etc., etc.

Edited by: EdStevens on Dec 4, 2012 6:44 AM