This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 8:38 PM by BillyVerreynne RSS

My Silver is Gone

trent Expert
Currently Being Moderated
The points recently changed to include a double gold badge.

Never been a huge fan of gold.

Can I have my silver badges back? ;-)
  • 1. Re: My Silver is Gone
    BluShadow Guru Moderator
    The badges relate to how many points you've been awarded by other posters. Obviously you've exceeded the range for silver and progressed to gold (expert).

After that the next badge is double-gold which is guru. The only exception would be if you got an Ace badge which is different altogether.

You'll just have to live with the fact that, somehow, people have thought you're an expert.
  • 2. Re: My Silver is Gone
    Purvesh K Guru
    trent wrote:

If my observation is correct, it is only today that the New badges were introduced. A new category of Explorer is introduced and hence, Expert status got a Gold in bargain of Two Silvers ;)

Perhaps, due to some other reason the badges have changed and I have not noticed the change.
  • 3. Re: My Silver is Gone
    trent Expert
    BluShadow wrote:
    The badges relate to how many points you've been awarded by other posters. Obviously you've exceeded the range for silver and progressed to gold (expert).

After that the next badge is double-gold which is guru. The only exception would be if you got an Ace badge which is different altogether.
    Haha, yeah - thanks for the insight.
    You'll just have to live with the fact that, somehow, people have thought you're an expert.
    Yeah.. whatever are they thinking! ;\
  • 4. Re: My Silver is Gone
    BluShadow Guru Moderator
    Purvesh K wrote:
    trent wrote:

If my observation is correct, it is only today that the New badges were introduced. A new category of Explorer is introduced and hence, Expert status got a Gold in bargain of Two Silvers ;)

Perhaps, due to some other reason the badges have changed and I have not noticed the change.
    Never noticed a difference myself. There again, many of the regulars round here don't care about the points and the badges.
  • 5. Re: My Silver is Gone
    Purvesh K Guru
    BluShadow wrote:
    Never noticed a difference myself. There again, many of the regulars round here don't care about the points and the badges.
    Yep!!! But I wasn't accustomed to see a Yellow before my name, hence I noticed it. I ignored it for few hours considering it to be another mistake of Jive forum. :D
  • 6. Re: My Silver is Gone
    EdStevens Guru
    trent wrote:

Don't worry. No one is going to ask you to return the coffee mug set.
  • 7. Re: My Silver is Gone
    6363 Guru
    trent wrote:
    So they aren't turnips then? How about swedes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnip
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rutabaga

Very disappointing if true, they don't look anything like badgers.
  • 8. Re: My Silver is Gone
    trent Expert
    EdStevens wrote:

Don't worry. No one is going to ask you to return the coffee mug set.
    That's a relief.
  • 9. Re: My Silver is Gone
    jgarry Guru
    As much as I try to ignore the ratings, being just about to get guru status has an effect on me. So I did a double take when I noticed the gold, and still have less than guru points. Then I saw all the gurus with two dangly round things, and realized they slipstreamed in a change. Since there has been some discussion about people with large numbers of points getting some super-gee-whiz status, I thought the change on the lower end a bit puzzling. Maybe they are trying to do something about drive-by posters.
  • 10. Re: My Silver is Gone
    BrianW-Oracle Guru Moderator
    Some more small changes are on the way, don't read too much into them
  • 11. Re: My Silver is Gone
    Dude! Guru
    I got the impression from several discussions with a similar topic that it's considered silly and poor to care about it, which I find somewhat discriminatory.

I think the scoring system is part of the game and I'm not sure that the thrill to receive a new icon ends with 2500 points. The new system may encourage new participants to provide useful answers to questions, but I think provides less visibility for "Gurus".
  • 12. Re: My Silver is Gone
    BillyVerreynne Oracle ACE
    Purvesh K wrote:

Yep!!! But I wasn't accustomed to see a Yellow before my name, hence I noticed it. I ignored it for few hours considering it to be another mistake of Jive forum. :D
    A sure sign that you have become a regular... You poor bastardt*... ;-)

* spelling mistake = counter-filter meassure
  • 13. Re: My Silver is Gone
    Purvesh K Guru
    Billy, not sure what makes you think of it. But, it was just something "Abnormal" I noticed and commented. And I never knew such observations would Offend you to great lengths.
  • 14. Re: My Silver is Gone
    Marwim Expert
    A sure sign that you have become a regular...
    Blaming Jive software for unexpected changes in layout, ranking etc. is a sure sign, that you are a regular visitor/contributor to the forum.
    You poor bastardt*...
    Take it positive. Just as you might call a friend names that you wouldn't dare to speak among strangers.

Regards
    Marcus
1 2 Previous Next