This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 3:59 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Problem with adalnct.sh

qazianeel Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello friends

I just installed a new single node ERP database on EBS R12, OS: Linux 5 (64-bit).

The installation was finished successfully, the database was started, I can even access db remotely through apps user but when I'm running adstrtal.sh it says 'Exiting with status 1'.

I checked log file and Service Control Execution Report it has started all services, except :
OracleTNSListenerAPPS_PROD_consultants adalnctl.sh Failed

I read somewhere that adalnctl.sh is useful for multi-nodes only where as I'm using single node.

Please note that while installing fresh DB I did a mistake, when it prompt me for host & domain names I produced it as :
host name: consultants
domain name: consultants.com

The host file was configured as :
192.168.1.110 consultants.com consultants

Now I amended it and listed new domain name (which I produced by mistake during installation) as :
*192.168.1.110 consultants.consultants.com consultants*

I'm trying to access homepage of new db from client PC as http://consultants.consultants.com:8001/ which is not accessible :( before it I was running Vision database and its EBS homepage is still accessible.

Please help.

Regards

Aneel
  • 1. Re: Problem with adalnct.sh
    Johan Louwers Explorer
    Hi,
    please refer to the following documents on metalink;

ID 1301455.1
    ID 1499837.1

Regards,
    Johan Louwers.
  • 2. Re: Problem with adalnct.sh
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    The host file was configured as :

Now I amended it and listed new domain name (which I produced by mistake during installation) as :
    *192.168.1.110 consultants.consultants.com consultants*
    Please change the above to:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
    192.168.1.110 consultants.consultants.com consultants

Then, run AutoConfig on the database tier node followed by the application tier node, bounce all services and check then.

Using AutoConfig to Manage System Configurations in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 387859.1]

Please note that starting the application listener has nothing to do with accessing the application, and it is used to view the concurrent request log/output files and CM log files.

If you still get the same error when accessing the main login page, please issue "adopmnctl.sh status" command and post the output here.

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points