3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2012 5:52 AM by markdba123 RSS

Interesting behavior when adding new user defined report

markdba123 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Current setup is:
Java = 1.6.0_35
OS = Window 7, 64bit SP1
SQLDeveloper = 3.2.20.09.87, 32bit

I have many reports created so I've created a directory structure to organize them. After adding a new user report, every directory expands to show all reports.
Has anyone else seen this? It's not a major problem, just bothersome.

Thanks,
Mark
  • 1. Re: Interesting behavior when adding new user defined report
    Gary Graham Expert
    Hi Mark,

No, I'm not able to reproduce the behavior you describe. I have the same setup except for Java 1.6.0_37, which is unlikely to make a difference. Have you tried exiting SQL Developer, renaming your UserReports.xml in
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer\
    to something else, restarting SQL Developer, creating a couple folders / reports, then examining / comparing the new UserReports.xml and the old renamed copy? Perhaps you will find some obvious anomaly in the original file that can be corrected manually. That might be a result of migrating from prior versions of SQL Developer where a debug was present in the folder functionality.

If so, please post back here with the results.

Thanks,
    Gary
    SQL Developer Team
  • 2. Re: Interesting behavior when adding new user defined report
    markdba123 Newbie
    Hi Gary,

I just tried what you suggested and I got the same result. Below is my testcase:

Action Result
    1. Started SQLDeveloper with no user reports (no file) started okay
    2. Created a folder called RAC under User Defined Reports folder created
    3. Created a report under that folder called test1 RAC fold opens, test1 report appears
    4. Created a folder called AWR under User Defined Reports folder created, both AWR and RAC folders open and test1is under RAC
    5. Close both folders, created a report under AWR called test2 both folders open and both reports appear under each folder.

I have migrated several times so maybe the next test is a clean install of SQLDeveloper with no migration from the previous version and trying the test again. If that works then I'll replace the original file that contains all my reports and test again. I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks,
    Mark

Edited by: markdba123 on Dec 5, 2012 3:47 PM
  • 3. Re: Interesting behavior when adding new user defined report
    markdba123 Newbie
    bummer. That didn't work either. It might be my machine.....
    I'll try installing the same version on another machine and see if it happens again.
    I appreciate you trying to help.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points