I have installed the plugin and installed the latest exachk on the exa node. Its only a qtr rack exa for this test case.
I ran exachk and it created a directory w a date name in w the outputs.
The question is..how to config the plugin? I put in the exachk directory but the output directory will change each time exachk is run.
I assume i should set this up to run via cron say once or twice a month. Also i assume the -s or -S option would be used.
This is the lastest oem 12c w latest exachk on linux exadata.
Anyone have this configured?
Missed a key part
also created that on the other node
and updated the monitoring config.
Retry and re-running ...
Will update with new findings.
I notice that there is an error..
There seems to be an incomplete/ erroneous execution of Exachk, that resulted in no creation of exachk_results.xml and exachk_exceptions.xml. Please correct the problem by rerunning Exachk and make sure the output is contained in any one of these mentioned files.
The files created using the product are of <SID>exachkresults.xml and <SID>exachkexceptions.xml
Is the plugin capable of seeing these? or should I perhaps create soft links for them??
Exachk should copy the output files to the directory you specified in the session environment before kicking off exachk the first time.
You may want to set RAT_OUTPUT and RAT_COPY_EM_XML_FILES in the same session environment where you would then start exachk again. You will have to wait for the next run to see the results after exachk is executed next run.
Not sure if EM will read a soft linked file in that directory. Would be interesting to know if you can view the files you link...
If ExaChk version 2.2 resolves your problem please update this thread with the final resolution for the OTN community. Alternatively if you are currently on ExaChk version 2.2 I would open a support case.
Using version 2.2.0_20121109. I was able to get it to work on 6 of 7 exadatas, the 7th I got working by pointing it to node 2 of the cluster. A co-worker had similar issues getting her exadata to report into her oem12c r2 system.
It seems we just keep deleteing/dropping/re-adding the target etc and finally it works. No rhyme or reason really.
I dont think i will torture myself with an SR for this case .. not sure even what pulldowns to classify this under anyways..