1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 2:26 AM by Girish Sharma Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Question for ASM
        Osama_Mustafa
        Girish Sharma wrote:
        Not yet purchased, but I wish to have core i7, 64GB RAM, 1TB HDD (SSD). So that I may have Oracle Linux (downloading is running), 12c (coming soon for public..!!), ASM, RAC, Grid Control and DG and Virtualbox (Oracle) in which Windows 8 Ultimate 64 bit+Visual Studio 2012 and new (basic but not docs) questions on this forum as well... :)

Please comment that PC is capable enough to have above s/w and technologies ?

Regards
        Girish Sharma
        I build my own server in home , Core i7 , 32 GB RAM , And 2 TB H.D.D and i installed Redhat after that i enabled Visualization but its cost me lot .
        • 16. Re: Question for ASM
          Girish Sharma
          Aman.... wrote:
          LOL with 64 GB you would be able to run the databases of many shops as well . Yep, sounds good!
          Little correction requires here... I think it should be like this :
          LOL with 64 GB PC would be able to run the databases of many shops as well . Yep, sounds good!
          Because when I am not able to manage few small databases in my office how do I would be able to manage many just because of powerful PC... :)

ORA-99999: Less experienced DBA encountered.
          Cause: Did not read proper relevant docs
          Action: Read proper relevant docs

Regards
          Girish Sharma
          1 2 Previous Next