3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2012 11:27 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

R12.1.3 Loginpage Issue

Shaik
      Hi All,

We have a instance of R12.1.3 and RDBMS is 11.2.0.1

Architecture:

Node 1: DB+CM Services

Node 2: Remaining Apps Services

Every day early hours CM and Db services will down for backup and later once backup finished the db and cm services will up.

Once services will came up, when we tried to login the application, the null page will appear but if i press F5(refresh 4 or 5 time) the login page will appear.

What is the cause of this issue, any cache we need to delete please let me know?

Thanks
      Shaik
        • 1. Re: R12.1.3 Loginpage Issue
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Shaik wrote:
          Hi All,

We have a instance of R12.1.3 and RDBMS is 11.2.0.1

Architecture:

Node 1: DB+CM Services

Node 2: Remaining Apps Services

Every day early hours CM and Db services will down for backup and later once backup finished the db and cm services will up.

Once services will came up, when we tried to login the application, the null page will appear but if i press F5(refresh 4 or 5 time) the login page will appear.

What is the cause of this issue, any cache we need to delete please let me know?

Thanks
          Shaik
          Can you find any errors in the application.log file?

Compile all JSP pages as per (Blank Page Accessing R12 - 'Missing class: _RF' in OACore application.log [ID 467562.1]) and check then.

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: R12.1.3 Loginpage Issue
            Shaik
            Hi Hussein,

Thanks for reply

i have entries in application log:
            12/12/05 07:12:12.530 html: chain failed
            oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsException: java.lang.NullPointerException: null Connection
            at oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.Profiles.getProfileOption(Profiles.java:1509)
            at oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.Profiles.getProfile(Profiles.java:362)
            at oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.ExtendedProfileStore.getSpecificProfileFromDB(ExtendedProfileStore.java:211)

If i used F5 4 to 5 times the login page is appearing this is happening when the services starting first time for first session...
            If later we try second session with out any problem the login page will appear.

Thanks
            Shaik
            • 3. Re: R12.1.3 Loginpage Issue
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Hi Shaik,
              i have entries in application log:
              12/12/05 07:12:12.530 html: chain failed
              oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsException: java.lang.NullPointerException: null Connection
              at oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.Profiles.getProfileOption(Profiles.java:1509)
              at oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.Profiles.getProfile(Profiles.java:362)
              at oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.ExtendedProfileStore.getSpecificProfileFromDB(ExtendedProfileStore.java:211)
              Please make sure you have the patch in (Connection Leaks From fndgfm (fndgfm.java, fndgfm.jsp, _fndgfm.java) [ID 1231393.1) applied.

Also, please see these docs.

E-Business Suite Users Experience Intermittent HTTP-500 Errors and Database Connection Errors [ID 1314433.1]
              Unable to generate forwarding URL. Exception: oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsException: java.lang.NullPointerException: null Connection [ID 1109247.1]

Thanks,
              Hussein