5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 5:58 AM by Helios-GunesEROL RSS

patch installation OUI-10044 error

Maahjoor
      Dear all,

i have installed Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 on windows 7 64 bit.
      i want to install the latest patch 4 for oracle database which i download from oracle site.

i stop all services, and run the installer from the patch folder,
      i am installing it in the same directory where i already installed the oracle which is D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1.

but it give the following error

Oui 10044.OUI-10044:The Selected Oracle Home Location Already Contains An Oracle Home Or APPL_TOP Created While Running a Different OS

besides, after running the installer from patch folder, when the installer open, and i click on installed products, it doesnt show anything.

what to do?
        • 1. Re: patch installation OUI-10044 error
          Sunny kichloo
          Refer this

http://gerardnico.com/wiki/database/oracle/oui-10044

Have you downloaded the correct patch ??
          • 2. Re: patch installation OUI-10044 error
            EdStevens
            Maahjoor wrote:
            Dear all,

i have installed Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 on windows 7 64 bit.
            An unsupported database on an OS for which it was never certified, even when it was supported ....

i want to install the latest patch 4 for oracle database which i download from oracle site.

i stop all services, and run the installer from the patch folder,
            i am installing it in the same directory where i already installed the oracle which is D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1.

but it give the following error

Oui 10044.OUI-10044:The Selected Oracle Home Location Already Contains An Oracle Home Or APPL_TOP Created While Running a Different OS

besides, after running the installer from patch folder, when the installer open, and i click on installed products, it doesnt show anything.

what to do?
            • 3. Re: patch installation OUI-10044 error
              Srini Chavali-Oracle
              Please identify exact version of Win 7 - Home versions are not supported/certified.

The only version of 10g that was certified for Win 7 Professional or higher was 10.2.0.5 - instructions are here - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/relnotes.102/b15680/toc.htm#BABEBBJF

This requires access to MOS to download 10.2.0.5 patch.

Is there a reason you cannot use 11gR2, assuming you have a certified OS ? If you are using Win 7 Home version, one option is to install 11gR2 on a Virtual machine - pl see my blog (linked in my profile) for details on how to do so.

HTH
              Srini
              • 4. Re: patch installation OUI-10044 error
                User13542497-Oracle
                Hi,

The same has been discussed in below note:

OUI-10044:The Selected Oracle Home Location Already Contains An Oracle Home Or APPL_TOP Created While Running a Different OS (Doc ID 739907.1)

Thanks.
                • 5. Re: patch installation OUI-10044 error
                  Helios-GunesEROL
                  Hi;
                  As mention here you are working wiht not certfied platform. So its normal to get error message.

Please review:
                  How to Install Oracle 10gR2 on MS Windows 7 / Windows 2008R2 [ID 1173433.1]

Is Microsoft Windows 7 certified to install/run Oracle Database Server/Client ? [ID 952302.1]

Statement of Direction: Oracle Database 11g Release 2 - Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 [ID 867040.1]

Regard
                  Helios