3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 12:39 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

EXEC FND_CONC_CLONE.SETUP_CLEAN

user9506868
      As part of a clone (11.5.10.2) using hot backup, I am running the following.

EXEC FND_CONC_CLONE.SETUP_CLEAN;

Every time I run this, it takes a couple hours to finish. That is just too long. Any known performance issues/bugs with running that?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: EXEC FND_CONC_CLONE.SETUP_CLEAN
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          user9506868 wrote:
          As part of a clone (11.5.10.2) using hot backup, I am running the following.
          Please post the details of the database version and OS.
          EXEC FND_CONC_CLONE.SETUP_CLEAN;

Every time I run this, it takes a couple hours to finish. That is just too long. Any known performance issues/bugs with running that?
          Are you running the command as apps user?

It should not take long time to run it (should take less than a minute). Can you find any errors in the database log file? Any locks in the database? Please make sure you run the command before you bring up any of the application services.

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: EXEC FND_CONC_CLONE.SETUP_CLEAN
            user9506868
            EBS version is 11.5.10.2. DB version is 11.2.0.3

I don't see anything in the alert log while this is running. None of the services besides database and listener are up.

I am running this as APPS user.
            • 3. Re: EXEC FND_CONC_CLONE.SETUP_CLEAN
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              user9506868 wrote:
              EBS version is 11.5.10.2. DB version is 11.2.0.3

I don't see anything in the alert log while this is running. None of the services besides database and listener are up.

I am running this as APPS user.
              The only thing I could think of is enabling trace and see why the package takes that long to run.

SQL PERFORMANCE ANALYZER EXAMPLE [ID 455889.1]
              SQL PERFORMANCE ANALYZER 10.2.0.x to 10.2.0.y EXAMPLE SCRIPTS [ID 742644.1]
              SQLT (SQLTXPLAIN) - Tool that helps to diagnose a SQL statement performing poorly or one that produces wrong results [ID 215187.1]
              TRCANLZR (TRCA): SQL_TRACE/Event 10046 Trace File Analyzer - Tool for Interpreting Raw SQL Traces [ID 224270.1]

You may also log a SR.

Thanks,
              Hussein