7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 1:13 AM by Hyder Mehtawala RSS

Title of the OBIEE Report based on multiple prompts

user8744765
      Hi Gurus,

We have a requirement in obiee where we need to give the title based on Prompt values selected from Multiple Prompts

we have prompts for Region , SubRegion, Country, Market

if the user just selects Region as Europe and click on apply then Title should have Region Values like 'Reseller for Europe'
      if the user selects both Region and Sub Region as Europe and Central then Title should have ' Reseller for Central'
      if the ser selects both Region, Sub Region and country as Europe and Central and America ' Title should have ' Reseller for America' ....

Like this,
      Is there any way to acheive this in OBIEE

Thanks in Advance for your help.
      Lakshmi.
        • 1. Re: Title of the OBIEE Report based on multiple prompts
          Srini VEERAVALLI
          Check these
          http://total-bi.com/2011/03/obiee-dynamic-column-headings/
          http://rampradeeppakalapati.blogspot.com/2012/02/dynamically-change-column-names-in.html

If helps pls mark
          • 2. Re: Title of the OBIEE Report based on multiple prompts
            Hyder Mehtawala
            Hi Lakshmi,

By title, if you mean title of your report you can use the below approach:

- use a narrative view to hold the title of the report.
            - add another column to report and add a case statement which would hold the prompt value which has been selected. For this, first create presentation variables for all the columns in the prompt. For e.g. assume for Region,SugRegion,Country and Market you create 4 presentation variables, namely - varRegion, varSubRegion, varCountry and varMarket.
            - Now, the case statement in the column fx would be

case
            when '@{varMarket}{defaultValue}' <> 'defaultValue' then '@{varMarket}'
            when '@{varCountry}{defaultValue}' <> 'defaultValue' then '@{varCountry}'
            when '@{varSubRegion}{defaultValue}' <> 'defaultValue' then '@{varSubRegion}'
            when '@{varRegion}{defaultValue}' <> 'defaultValue' then '@{varRegion}'
            else 'No Value Selected' end

- Next, hide this column and refer it in the narrative view and make Rows to be displayed as 1. Assuming this column is in the first position, in narrative view you can mention as:

Reseller for @1

Let me know if this was what you were looking for.

Thanks
            • 3. Re: Title of the OBIEE Report based on multiple prompts
              user8744765
              Hi HM,

Thanks for your response,

i have added a column to the report using the Presentation variable,

case when '@{MyRegion}{All column Values}' != 'All Column Values' then '@{MyRegion}{All Column Values}' when '@{MySubRegion}{All Column Values}' != 'All Column Values' then '@{MySubRegion}{All Column Values}' end

when i select both region and subregion in the prompt , the Column is still holding Region value, it should hold SubRegion Values.

Am i doing some thing Wrong here

Thanks,
              Lakshmi.

Edited by: user8744765 on Dec 6, 2012 10:05 AM
              • 4. Re: Title of the OBIEE Report based on multiple prompts
                Hyder Mehtawala
                Hi Lakshmi,

The last column in your prompt should be the first column in your case statement (and for the remaining columns too it should follow this sequence). So, if you have Region and then SubRegion column in the prompt, your case statement should be changed as below:

case when '@{MySubRegion}{All Column Values}' != 'All Column Values' then '@{MySubRegion}{All Column Values}' when '@{MyRegion}{All column Values}' != 'All Column Values' then '@{MyRegion}{All Column Values}' end

Just follow the sequence of case statements which I mentioned in my first post. Let me know if you still face any issues.

Thanks
                Hyder
                • 5. Re: Title of the OBIEE Report based on multiple prompts
                  user8744765
                  Thanks a lot HM, It worked Great....
                  • 6. Re: Title of the OBIEE Report based on multiple prompts
                    user8744765
                    Hi HM,

Is there a way we can get the file name also dynamically updated when exported to excel.

for Ex if the Title of the report is Reseller for Europe, based on the prompt value selected, can we get the excel name also same .
                    by default excel is taking the file name of the obiee report that it is saved with.

Thanks in advance..
                    • 7. Re: Title of the OBIEE Report based on multiple prompts
                      Hyder Mehtawala
                      Hi Lakshmi,

I don't think it is possible. May be if anyone has done a workaround for this can help you with it.

Thanks