This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2012 2:28 AM by venkata thiruveedhi RSS

Error installing agent on linux

user11345500 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am facing error in installing the agent in silent mode on one of the linux server.

Error:_

Configuration assistant "Agent Configuration Assistant" failed
SEVERE:OUI-10104:Some of the configuration assistants failed. It is strongly recommended that you retry the configuration assistants at this time. Not successfully running any "Recommended" assistants means your system will not be correctly configured. Select the failed assistants and click the 'Retry' button to retry them.
--------------------------------------
The "*+/u001/app/oracle/oem/agent10g/cfgtoollogs/configToolFailedCommands*+" script contains all commands that failed, were skipped or were cancelled. This file may be used to run these configuration assistants outside of OUI. Note that you may have to update this script with passwords (if any) before executing the same.
The "/u001/app/oracle/oem/agent10g/cfgtoollogs/configToolAllCommands" script contains all commands to be executed by the configuration assistants. This file may be used to run the configuration assistants outside of OUI. Note that you may have to update this script with passwords (if any) before executing the same.

Agent version being installed is 10.2.0.5

Can you please let me know what went wrong with the installation.
I am able to install the agent on RAC environment successfully, it has failed on standalone environment.

Thanks in advance,
  • 1. Re: Error installing agent on linux
    user11345500 Newbie
    contents of the file configToolFailedCommands is as follows:

cat /u001/app/oracle/oem/agent10g/cfgtoollogs/configToolFailedCommands
    # Copyright (c) 1999, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.
    oracle.sysman.emcp.agent.AgentPlugIn+
  • 2. Re: Error installing agent on linux
    user11345500 Newbie
    Also, to note the secure linux is set to enforcing on this server, would that cause any problem for the agent installation.

$grep -i selinux /etc/selinux/config
    # This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
    # SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
    # enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
    # permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
    # disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded.
    SELINUX=enforcing
    # SELINUXTYPE= can take one of these two values:
    SELINUXTYPE=targeted
  • 3. Re: Error installing agent on linux
    venkata thiruveedhi Guru
    Hi,

If you can provide the installActions log from cfgtoollogs/oui OR oraInvnetory/logs location, we can get more information about the exact cause for the issue.

Also if possible suggest to go through the following doc, which describes possible scenarios for this failure:

Troubleshooting the 'oracle.sysman.emcp.agent.AgentPlugIn has failed' error (Doc ID 734981.1)

Regards,
    Venkat

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points