6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2012 3:02 AM by BluShadow RSS

Text File Import Error

Hi I was looking for some help in regards to importing text files within my tables. The problem I have is that everytime I select the text file I then get the following error message:

"There are no readers registered for the txt type"

I have opened the text file in Notepad++ and seen that the columns are divided by the "~|~| values and the line break with an "LF". The table i am importing to has all the data types set as VARCHAR2 at present so not sure why this isnt importing.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Text File Import Error
          BluShadow
          973436 wrote:
          Hi I was looking for some help in regards to importing text files within my tables. The problem I have is that everytime I select the text file I then get the following error message:

"There are no readers registered for the txt type"
          That doesn't sounds like something you're doing in SQL or PL/SQL.
          I have opened the text file in Notepad++ and seen that the columns are divided by the "~|~| values and the line break with an "LF". The table i am importing to has all the data types set as VARCHAR2 at present so not sure why this isnt importing.
          How are you importing it? What SQL or PL/SQL code are you using?

{message:id=9360002}
          • 2. Re: Text File Import Error
            BluShadow, thanks for your response.

Apologies, I have not used any code, all i did was select import data on the table in SQL Developer and then selected the text file.

I'll have a look at the link you have posted to make sure I ask my questions properly. Thanks once again.
            • 3. Re: Text File Import Error
              BluShadow
              Ah, then perhaps your question would be better suited in the SQL Developer forum, as this one is for SQL and PL/SQL code.

SQL Developer
              • 4. Re: Text File Import Error
                Thanks BluShadow, how can i get this thread moved? Or would I have to start a new thread?
                • 5. Re: Text File Import Error
                  Marwim
                  Hello,

you can start a new thread and add a link to the new one here. But first you can try to name the file as .dsv (Delimiter Separated Values), because SQL Developer ist really obstinate with file extensions.

Regards
                  Marcus
                  • 6. Re: Text File Import Error
                    BluShadow
                    973436 wrote:
                    Thanks BluShadow, how can i get this thread moved? Or would I have to start a new thread?
                    There we go... I've moved it for you.