1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 6:54 PM by onedbguru RSS

Application VIP for the Goldengate  OR SCAN VIP

Instead of using existing/creating new VIP/Application VIP to handle HA for third party applications, can we use SCAN VIP? I need to implement HA solution for our Goldengate implementation.

I already gone through Oracle Whitepaper ID 1313703.1, however I didn't get any direction on whether I can user SCAN VIP instead of VIP.

Thanks,

S Mann
        • 1. Re: Application VIP for the Goldengate  OR SCAN VIP
          onedbguru
          Sarab Mann wrote:
          Instead of using existing/creating new VIP/Application VIP to handle HA for third party applications, can we use SCAN VIP? I need to implement HA solution for our Goldengate implementation.

I already gone through Oracle Whitepaper ID 1313703.1, however I didn't get any direction on whether I can user SCAN VIP instead of VIP.
          Per the referenced document, it states that the IP address MUST be determined using DHCP, so if you use GNS/DHCP to determine the IP/VIP/SCAN, then you cannot use SCAN.

The purpose of using the VIP is so that GG can find/reconnect should the initial node become unavailable. SCAN provides that service, therefore, I see nothing that says that you can't use the SCAN address, but I would contact MOS and ask the question.

>
          >
          >
          Thanks,

S Mann