2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2012 6:14 PM by user103273 RSS

11 --> 11,1 Upgrade: pkg://solaris/system/library signature problems?

user103273
      Hi all,

I have a vanilla 11 11/11 lab system (x64, in VirtualBox) that I've tried to upgrade to 11.1:

# uname -a
      SunOS alpha 5.11 11.0 i86pc i386 i86pc
      # pkg list entire
      NAME (PUBLISHER) VERSION IFO
      entire 0.5.11-0.175.0.0.0.2.0 i--
      # pkg publisher
      PUBLISHER TYPE STATUS URI
      solaris origin online http://pkg.oracle.com/solaris/release/

It has full connectivity to the Internet, and I've tried pointing it to the public release repo, a local 11.1 repo that has had the update ISO injected into it, and with a single loopback repo pointing to only the upgrade ISO (sol-11_1-upgrade-repo.iso, md5 verified). In all 3 cases I get this at the first stage of the upgrade:

# pkg update
      Creating Plan |
      pkg update: A signature in pkg://solaris/system/library@0.5.11,5.11-0.175.0.10.1.0.0:20120918T164707Z could not be verified for this reason:
      The signature value did not match the expected value. Res: 0
      The signature's hash is 235c7674d821032ae3eeda280c7837d1f1f4fdb5

I must be missing something simple, because I can't imagine a bad signature in the public or upgrade-ISO repos. Any ideas?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: 11 --> 11,1 Upgrade: pkg://solaris/system/library signature problems?
          Shawn Walker-Oracle
          If possible, please file a support request for this issue through the My Oracle Support portal so that the details of the issue can be captured.

With that said, executing the following commands may provide a viable workaround:

pkg set-property signature-policy=ignore
          pkg set-publisher --set-property signature-policy=ignore solaris

Once the above commands have been executed, attempt the pkg update again. If successful, then after rebooting to the new boot environment, reset the properties as follows:

pkg unset-property signature-policy
          pkg set-publisher --unset-property signature-policy                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
          • 2. Re: 11 --> 11,1 Upgrade: pkg://solaris/system/library signature problems?
            user103273
            Thanks swalker, that's exactly what I needed to get over the hump: I'm on 11.1 now.

For the next person with this problem there's a slight tweak to the commands: remove the "=" from the set-property lines, and add "solaris" to the last unset publisher property line:

pkg set-property signature-policy ignore
            *pkg set-publisher --set-property signature-policy=ignore solaris*

(...perform the updates...)

pkg unset-property signature-policy
            *pkg set-publisher --unset-property signature-policy solaris*

Now that I made it through the upgrade, regular pkg commands seem to run fine checking signatures.