2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 10:29 AM by beachw08 RSS

Help with manually selecting next user in routing rules or human workflow.

beachw08
      We need a workflow where the user picks the next person the task is supposed to be sent to. I know this is done by checking the box labeled Allow all participants to invite other participants. I have done this and It works great.

However in the Actions tab in the BPM worklist the approve and reject buttons are able to be clicked without specifying a user. This is also the case in the task form I create. When you click these without specifying the user it automatically completes the task and doesn't finish the route I have set up.

Is there any way I can make it so if you click these buttons it tells you no user has been selected?
        • 1. Re: Help with manually selecting next user in routing rules or human workflow.
          beachw08
          For now I just set those buttons to not visible, this solves the problem but leads to a never ending chain, because the last person still has to route it and this continues forever.
          • 2. Re: Help with manually selecting next user in routing rules or human workflow.
            beachw08
            I fixed the continuous flow problem.

If you unchecked the box that says, Allow all participants to participate, then check the box in every stage but the last one, under the Advanced tab, that says allow this person to invite other participants. This will stop the continuous flow.

However this leads to another problem, in the last stage you have to have an added participant, I was wondering if there is an expression I can put in that uses the user that the previous participant chose. Also the last participant needs to be able to see the Approve and reject button, which leads back to the first question I asked which was how can I validate those buttons or just hide them till the final, participant?

Edited by: beachw08 on Dec 12, 2012 8:17 AM