5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 1:51 AM by Ivruksha RSS

Termination Qutote type source condition is not working in Receivables SLA

user111482
      Hi,

Termination Qutote type source condition is not working in Receivables SLA. We are using a ADR to generate Invoice Revenue account based on my Termination quote Type.

Example. Terminated a contract in Lease Management and interface the Transcation into AR.

I need to get account is 60003 as a revenue account if the Transcation termination quote type is 'Termination-Without purchase' and stream type purpose is Contract obligation.
      But in my case Termination quote type condition is not working while deriving Revenue account usinf SLA.

Please help me in this issue.

Regards,
      Sivakumar
        • 1. Re: Termination Qutote type source condition is not working in Receivables SLA
          Ivruksha
          Hi Sivakumar,

i am not seeing any source related to "termination Quote Type" or "Stream type purpose" in the condition section of the ADR ....
          Have you made a custom source using PL/SQL function ?

After defining the rule, have you assigned the rule to Invoice Revenue Journal Line Type and Validated the Accounting Method ....?

To narrow down the fault in the condition, test a transaction first without any condition, later add only one condition ... then bring in the AND clause ...

Regards,
          Ivruksha
          • 2. Re: Termination Qutote type source condition is not working in Receivables SLA
            user111482
            Hi I vruksha,

Thanks for the Updtae.

No, This is standard ADR condition. While generating Revenue account for a transcation we have added the ADR to derive the Natural account. Here we have given one constant value 690003 then under the condition we are using the Termination quote type and Stream type purpose condition.

we have verified conditions one by one.

Source     Segment     Operator     Value Type     Independent Value     Value     Segment     )     And/Or
            (Stream Type Purpose          =     Constant          Quote Contract Obligation               OR
            Stream Type Purpose          =     Constant          Quote Termination Penalty               )AND
            (Termination Quote Type = Constant Termination - Without Purchase
            Transaction Batch Source Name          =     Constant          OKL_CONTRACTS )

Here Accounting is generating fine, if we removed the condition of termination quote type.     But as per functionality it should work with the Termination quote type also.

Regards,
            Sivakumar
            • 3. Re: Termination Qutote type source condition is not working in Receivables SLA
              Ivruksha
              Hi Sivakumar,

This happens at times ... you need to log a service request with oracle on why the condition based on seeded source type is not taking in to effect .....
              ( For a similar case in payables, the standard source type did not work as intended, oracle SR did not prove effective as a result we defined a custom source and used it for the condition...the rule worked as expected ..)

Regards,
              Ivruksha
              • 4. Re: Termination Qutote type source condition is not working in Receivables SLA
                user111482
                Hi Ivruksha,

Thnaks for the Update.
                We raised S.R with Sev1 almost one month back. I did not getting any solution as of now for oracle. So i raised the issue in forum.
                Can you please explain us how can i define the custom source? Will oracle provides the custom source code ?

Regards,
                Sivakumar
                • 5. Re: Termination Qutote type source condition is not working in Receivables SLA
                  Ivruksha
                  Hi Sivakumar,

with respect to Custom sources, a PL/SQL function needs to be written by the technical consultant on the table where termination quote type is available.
                  Once saved, this newly created custom source will be available for you in the ADR condition page on the LOV.
                  I am not having any step by step reference to share ...however simpler way to perform this is by quering an existing Custom source and observe the way it is configured and replicate the same for your requirement ...
                  The navigation for defining the custom source is Setup > Accounting Setups > Subledger Accounting Setup > Accounting Methods Builder > Sources > Custom Sources ...

Regards,
                  Ivruksha