This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
how can i unrestricd CD and bash. Some one help me with this.what are you trying to achieve?
Please share with us your OS name and version ?
Ubuntu/Edubuntu version 7.04
1 person found this helpful
how can i unrestricd CD and bash.can you clarify this, what you are trying to achieve
for rbash study ... refer
Hi;1 person found this helpful
1. What is your purpose to use ubuntu? Your issue seems not related with Oracle product
2. There is seeded linux forum site, so close your issue here as answered than move your issue Oracle Discussion Forums » Linux » Generic Linux
3. You may also rise thread at ubuntu forum site
You need to ask the system administrator to change your login shell, then log out for the change to take affect.1 person found this helpful
Yes i know that, that i need to ask the administrator to change the log shell, but im on school and they wont change shell, so i want to change it and make bash working and all other restricted commands like ./ ; CD ; $ and ... and i need help so i posted here for help :)
rbash - special shell with restricted permissions.
You can make it's unrestricted only in this case:
1. Administrator make mistake and put any other shell at current seach path.
2. You found some new bugs at rbash and make it's unrectricted.
At any case this forbidden and can cause some problems with low.
i need to ask the administrator to change the log shell, but im on school and they wont change shellYou select wrong place for this questions.