This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 10:08 AM by Seedyman RSS

Access SQL Server DB using SQL Dev 3.2.2

710129 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Could anyone tell me how i configure SQL Dev 3.2.2 to access a SQL Server DB. I'm trying to connect to SQL Server 2005
I have tried installing the JTDS JDBC Driver from updates but it does not seem to have installed anything.
I have donwloaded a JTDS Driver directly and tried some instructions used on older vesion of SQL Dev, however when i copy the JAR and ,ddl files down my connections window no longer works, once i remove them i get it back.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Paul

Edited by: Trotty on Dec 10, 2012 11:22 AM
  • 1. Re: Access SQL Server DB using SQL Dev 3.2.2
    Jim Smith Expert
    I often have problems installing the third-party JDBC drivers using check for updates. The downloaded files are zero length.

To install manually...

Download jtds 1.2. Later versions are unsupported.

Place the jar file somewhere.
    In sqldeveloper, go to Tools | Preferences | Database | Third Party JDBC Drivers
    Click on Add Entry...
    Navigate to where you placed the jar file and select it. Click on OK and close the preferences dialog.

The New connection dialog should now include tabs for SQL Server and Sybase.
  • 2. Re: Access SQL Server DB using SQL Dev 3.2.2
    710129 Newbie
    Thanks for that, can't believe that's all i need to do, have tried so many other things from other links.
    Thanks alot

Paul
  • 3. Re: Access SQL Server DB using SQL Dev 3.2.2
    Seedyman Newbie
    Jim Smith wrote:
    I often have problems installing the third-party JDBC drivers using check for updates. The downloaded files are zero length.

To install manually...

Download jtds 1.2. Later versions are unsupported.

Place the jar file somewhere.
    In sqldeveloper, go to Tools | Preferences | Database | Third Party JDBC Drivers
    Click on Add Entry...
    Navigate to where you placed the jar file and select it. Click on OK and close the preferences dialog.

The New connection dialog should now include tabs for SQL Server and Sybase.
    The funny thing is that later versions of jtds work just fine in earlier versions of sqldeveloper.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points