2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 6:01 AM by 832100 RSS

Template creation in BI Publisher

I have an issue while creating template document in OPM. I have exported the schema (xsd) and created a new rtf document template in OPM. I edit the template to add some attributes (public) into it. I clicked on 'XML Schema' in BI Publisher tab and chose the exported xsd file which has all the attributes in it. I got the message box that says 'Data Loaded Successfully' followed by a window with all the attributes list.

Now the problem starts. When I click on 'ab|Field' tab to add some attributes to my page, it opens up a window but no attributes are listed in it. Anyone got some idea what is happening here?

My xsd is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <xs:element name="global-instance">
      <xs:complexType>
      <xs:all>
      <xs:element name="a1_value" type="xs:string" />
      <xs:element name="a1_text" type="xs:string" />
      </xs:all>
      </xs:complexType>
      </xs:element>
      </xs:schema>

And the filed window has the following fields

Schema
      @xs
      Element
      @name
      Complextype
      All
      Element
      @name
      @type
        • 1. Re: Template creation in BI Publisher
          Kevin Wan
          This looks like the same issue reported in the support forum http://myforums.oracle.com/jive3/thread.jspa?messageID=5937864

It's a BI Publisher bug in version 11.1.1.6.0 and you can use 11.1.1.5.0 before it's resolved.
          • 2. Re: Template creation in BI Publisher
            Thanks Kevin for your reply.

I unstalled 11.1.1.6.0 version of BI Publisher and installed the version 11.1.1.5.0 and now when I click on 'XML Schema' in BI Publisher tab, nothing is happening. I can see the ab|Field tab is enabled even before loading some schema. But when I click on it, says 'Automation Error Unspecified error'.

Any idea what is happening?