3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2013 8:40 AM by Howard (... in Training) RSS

Suggestion: Forum search enhancement

Howard (... in Training)
      If this has been suggested before, can someone give current status? Thanks.

Suggestion: On the forum search results, show which threads have been answered.

Rationale: The questions which have been answered are likely better candidates for review. You just have to chuckle when you think, "I need to know that, too." And then you find out the thread was never solved/answered.

Howard

Removed "blessing" per request. Edited by: Howard (DBA in Training) on Dec 10, 2012 5:24 PM
        • 1. Re: Suggestion: Forum search enhancement
          BluShadow
          Howard (DBA in Training) wrote:
          If this has been suggested before, can someone give current status? Thanks.

Suggestion: On the forum search results, show which threads have been answered.

Rationale: The questions which have been answered are likely better candidates for review. You just have to chuckle when you think, "I need to know that, too." And then you find out the thread was never solved/answered.

Howard
          The Jive forum software version currently in use is old and now unsupported, and such 'features' will not be implemented in this version to the best of my knowledge.
          Oracle are in the process of upgrading to a new version (and probably new hardware to cope with the required volume of data and power for the features). Earlier this year they asked people for feedback and ideas as to what they wanted from the forum, and I know many people put forward such things to them (though that wasn't done directly via this forum). As for what the progress is in moving to that new forum software, I'm not sure, though I imagine there's a lot of things to be considered, not just the configuring of the software to make it "Oracle" style, but the moving of all existing data, integration with the single sign on servers, setting up the new hardware, ensuring all security and privacy issues are addressed, etc. etc. all the things that are involved in moving from one software to another as seamlessly as possible.

Maybe sometime soon... next year perhaps.... maybe someone from Oracle can update us.
          • 2. Re: Suggestion: Forum search enhancement
            Howard (... in Training)
            BluShadow,

Thanks for the answer.

Howard
            • 3. Re: Suggestion: Forum search enhancement
              Howard (... in Training)

When one searches now, one can see the status of a thread -- answered, etc.  THANKS!