2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 9:06 AM by lxiscas RSS

Supporting objects was not installed successfully from the APEX 3.2 to 4.1

lxiscas
      Hi, gurus:

greetings! I have a question regarding migrating application from 3.2 to 4.1. I need to migrate an application in a APEX 3.2 workspace to a new workspace of APEX 4.1. I exported the application from the APEX 3.2 workspace and imported it again to workspace of APEX 4.1, everything works fine except supporting objects was not installed successfully, and the application cannot show images. Could anyone give me a hint to find the cause and solution?

Thanks a lot!

Sam
        • 1. Re: Supporting objects was not installed successfully from the APEX 3.2 to 4.1
          TexasApexDeveloper
          I believe you would need to add the scripts in for supporting objects (images, supporting tables and such).. Did you do this when you migrated your application?

Thank you,

Tony Miller
          Ruckersville, VA
          • 2. Re: Supporting objects was not installed successfully from the APEX 3.2 to 4.1
            lxiscas
            Hi, Tony:

Nice to see you again! :) It proved out that was due to the wrong file format, I should choose UNIX file format to export my application from APEX 3.2 workspace instead of choosing DOS file format to export. Though I am still confused, Why this does matter? I used to export and import with random file type, as long as I keep consistency of file type for export and import, it never give me trouble like this.

I got the following error message

The following prerequisite checks failed. Installation of this application's supporting objects cannot continue until these issues are resolved.

To continue installation after addressing the errors, navigate to the Supporting Object Definitions of this application and click INSTALL in the Supporting Objects Installation section.

Alternatively, you can deinstall the application definition and reinstall after resolving these issues.

Object Names:     EBA_CUST_ACTIVITY_TYPES, EBA_CUST_ADMINISTRATORS, EBA_CUST_ASSOCIATIONS, EBA_CUST_CATEGORIES, EBA_CUST_CONTACTS, EBA_CUST_CONTACT_TYPES, EBA_CUST_CUSTOMERS, EBA_CUST_CUST_ACTIVITY, EBA_CUST_LINKS, EBA_CUST_STATUS, EBA_CUST_VIEWS_LOG, EBA_CUST

Sam

Edited by: lxiscas on Dec 11, 2012 7:06 AM