5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2012 2:30 AM by DikkieDick RSS

ORA-01031 with sqlplus / as sysdba whereas sqlplus sys/pw as sysdba works

DikkieDick
      Hi, I have a problem on our exadata-machine with different EBS-Oraclehomes (11.2.0.2).
      I have cloned an Oracle-home using another user who belongs to the appropriate groups. Modified permissions and ownership of all files belonging to this Oracle-home.

For making a dbclone I have copied the passwordfile from dbhome1 to dbhome2.
      So far, and after hours of trying, googling I haven't been able to do the following:

sqlplus / as sysdba

This results in ORA-0131 Insufficient privileges.

sqlplus sys/pw as sysdba works

So with RMAN I'm able to connect to target (source) and auxiliary (target) through sys/pw@dbname1 and 2.
      But the duplicate crashes with a Segmentation Fault, probably due to that somewhere underwater it tries to connect '/ as sysdba' .

I've relinked oracle-home after modifying config.c, but with no success. I'm lost. The owner of this oracle-home has a username consisting of 13 characters. Tried, as I need another clone, also with a username with 12 characters, but that gives the same result. Probably it's easy to fix and a minor thing, but for now I'm lost.

Thanx in advance.
        • 1. Re: ORA-01031 with sqlplus / as sysdba whereas sqlplus sys/pw as sysdba works
          sb92075
          OS user must be member of OS "dba" group
          • 2. Re: ORA-01031 with sqlplus / as sysdba whereas sqlplus sys/pw as sysdba works
            DikkieDick
            That has been done.

oinstall:x:1001:oracle,nagios,oracle_ebs15,oracle_ebsd05,oracle_ebss99,oracle_ebsd06,oracle_ebs99
            dba:x:1002:oracle,oracle_ebs,oracle_ebs15,oracle_ebsd05,oracle_ebss99,oracle_ebsd06,oracle_ebs99

User with problems is oracle_ebsd05 (also ebsd06, ebss99, ebs99 but that might be easily solved as this issue is solved).
            • 3. Re: ORA-01031 with sqlplus / as sysdba whereas sqlplus sys/pw as sysdba works
              sb92075
              DikkieDick wrote:
              That has been done.

oinstall:x:1001:oracle,nagios,oracle_ebs15,oracle_ebsd05,oracle_ebss99,oracle_ebsd06,oracle_ebs99
              dba:x:1002:oracle,oracle_ebs,oracle_ebs15,oracle_ebsd05,oracle_ebss99,oracle_ebsd06,oracle_ebs99

User with problems is oracle_ebsd05 (also ebsd06, ebss99, ebs99 but that might be easily solved as this issue is solved).
              UNIX: Checklist for Resolving Connect AS SYSDBA Issues NOTE: 69642.1.
              • 4. Re: ORA-01031 with sqlplus / as sysdba whereas sqlplus sys/pw as sysdba works
                tychos
                Hi DikkieDick,
                Can you send the profile of the user with the failing command?
                Can you confirm it doesn't have two_task set?
                Are you doing active database duplication?
                There are a set of prereqs you have to meet with cloning from an active dbs.
                Rgds,
                Tycho
                • 5. Re: ORA-01031 with sqlplus / as sysdba whereas sqlplus sys/pw as sysdba works
                  DikkieDick
                  Yes, TWO_TASK is not set. My colleague solved the issue I had last tuesday. Seemed that there was an sqlnet.ora present with SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICE=(NTS). I did some testing with different settings in sqlnet.ora and thought I had removed it, as there wasn't one present. After removing this, everything worked as normal.
                  But working on another Oracle_Home (also cloned) I encounter the same problem and no sqlnet.ora is there.
                  .bash_profile is the same for 'all' oracle/dba-users:

$ cat $HOME/.bash_profile
                  # .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
                  if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
                  . ~/.bashrc
                  fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

export PATH

. /var/opt/oracle/mot_find noecho ; $use_mot

alias psp='ps -ef|grep pmon'

$ cat $HOME/.bashrc
                  # .bashrc

# Source global definitions
                  if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
                  . /etc/bashrc
                  fi

# User specific aliases and functions

-------

A bit later: I did the same I did last Tuesday. Modify config.c and filled SS_DBA_GRP and SS_OPER_GRP with the default group and relinked everything. And now I can do a sqlplus / as sysdba.
                  So it's solved.

Edited by: DikkieDick on 14-dec-2012 0:28