This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 7:29 AM by 605957 RSS

Use replication to deploy web catalog

605957 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello everyone

I am trying to use replication to deploy changes made to the web catalog between dev and test env. The process is described in Oracle Fusion Middleware System Administrator's Guide for Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (chapter 17, 17.12.4.2) where it is suggested that issuing the replication command remotecopy "Exports the contents of the specified catalog folders from the source computer and imports them into the folders on the destination computer".

I enabled replication on both servers by adding <Replication><Enabled>true</Enabled></Replication> to instanceconfig.xml (and restarting)

I created a config.xml that describes the replication process:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Config>
<General>
<ExportDirectory>/home/obi/OracleDeployment</ExportDirectory>
<LogExpiresHours>1200</LogExpiresHours>
</General>
<Server name="F1" user="weblogic" pwd="weblogic1">
<Property name= "oracle.bi.presentation.url" value ="http://fsqobiapp01:9704/analytics/saw.dll"/>
<Property name="oracle.bi.presentation.usesoaptcptransport" value="N"/>
</Server>
<Server name="D1" user="weblogic" pwd="weblogic1">
<Property name= "oracle.bi.presentation.url" value ="http://dsqobiapp01:9704/analytics/saw.dll"/>
<Property name="oracle.bi.presentation.usesoaptcptransport" value="N"/>
</Server>
</Config>

I gave the Bi Administrator role permission to use SOAP (Administration->Manage Privileges)

I give the command:
./sawrepaj.sh /C /home/obi/MiddlewareHome/Oracle_BI1/bifoundation/web/bin/sawrepaj/config.xml remotecopy D1 F1 /shared

And I get this output:
./sawrepaj.sh
Dec 11, 2012 5:20:27 PM SoapExec run
INFO: Connect to server D1. Outcome: succeeded. Finished in 188.
Dec 11, 2012 5:20:27 PM SoapExec run
INFO: Connect to server F1. Outcome: succeeded. Finished in 597.
Dec 11, 2012 5:20:30 PM SoapExec run
INFO: Server D1, export to file D1_F1_copy.sawexp. Outcome: succeeded. Finished in 3078.
Dec 11, 2012 5:20:30 PM SoapExec run
INFO: Disconnect from server D1. Outcome: succeeded. Finished in 6.
Dec 11, 2012 5:20:32 PM SoapExec run
INFO: Server F1, import from file D1_F1_copy.sawexp, don't update log. Outcome: succeeded. Finished in 1799.
Dec 11, 2012 5:20:32 PM SoapExec run
INFO: Disconnect from server F1. Outcome: succeeded. Finished in 5.

Nothing is copied to the destination server. I have no error messages in sawlog0.log on either server, except a message saying Weblogic logged in and logged out.

Any ideas?

Elish.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points